Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The endpoint used to check for VINs that's linked on Mr. M's "useful links" page is an internal endpoint used by the Tesla Account page to fetch the list of cars on a user's account. The model year that's present in the response is indeed displayed on the list, but the VIN was not used anywhere, so they could remove it without affecting the website's functionality. I'm pretty sure Tesla noticed that many people are using that URL to check their order status and decided to remove the VIN from there.

The mobile app API returns the same data in a very similar format, and the VIN is still present there, so that also confirms my theory. If you have a model year visible in the oxp-bff-api/user-orders response, you do have a VIN assigned, but you need to find it somewhere else now.
Further to this

For me the source code has changed and looks a lot different to what it used to be, I can see my VIN in the source code

Reactions: DRS ACTIVE
The endpoint used to check for VINs that's linked on Mr. M's "useful links" page is an internal endpoint used by the Tesla Account page to fetch the list of cars on a user's account. The model year that's present in the response is indeed displayed on the list, but the VIN was not used anywhere, so they could remove it without affecting the website's functionality. I'm pretty sure Tesla noticed that many people are using that URL to check their order status and decided to remove the VIN from there.

The mobile app API returns the same data in a very similar format, and the VIN is still present there, so that also confirms my theory. If you have a model year visible in the oxp-bff-api/user-orders response, you do have a VIN assigned, but you need to find it somewhere else now.
If it helps, just searching in the source code for 'LRW' will show any Shanghai made VIN's

Reactions: DRS ACTIVE
It's working perfectly. If you have a hidden VIN in your account it will show.
If you don't have a hidden VIN showing it doesn't mean that the VIN checker is not working.
Just make sure you open your Tesla account on one tab and then open the VIN checker on another tab.

As for another ship after GLOVIS SUNRISE, nothing has been identified and I'm not hopeful. There has been talk of a ship arriving on 27 Sep which is very late in the quarter. The only possibility of that would probably be if GLOVIS COURAGE continues on from Barcelona, which would be pretty unlikely in my opinion.
A lot of April - May orders are scheduled collect their cars from 27th to 30th of Sept. Including myself on 27th (this is earliest day they told me to collect). So it’s pretty likely that cars are arriving days before 27th. So, I am guessing that there needs to be a ship before 27th.

A lot of April - May orders are scheduled collect their cars from 27th to 30th of Sept. Including myself on 27th (this is earliest day they told me to collect). So it’s pretty likely that cars are arriving days before 27th. So, I am guessing that there needs to be a ship before 27th.
OK.
When did you find your VIN?
And when did Tesla tell you your VIN and Reg?
This may help in nailing down the ship.

OK.
Is Glovis Sun still a possibility for the UK? 448 Vin received 23 Aug. Invited to schedule delivery on 24 Aug and the only 3 dates offered were 27,28 and 29 Sept.

My assumption all along has been Glovis Sunrise but an 11 day lag between ship arriving and me being able to collect seems long, especially since I will be collecting from Southampton.

Is Glovis Sun still a possibility for the UK? 448 Vin received 23 Aug. Invited to schedule delivery on 24 Aug and the only 3 dates offered were 27,28 and 29 Sept.

My assumption all along has been Glovis Sunrise but an 11 day lag between ship arriving and me being able to collect seems long, especially since I will be collecting from Southampton.
I think you may be right - GLOVIS SUN may be calling at Southampton. I have info from another source which suggests this too.

OK.
Hi @Mr Miserable I got my reg and vin by text today and also had my ID confirmation call today via Teams (as getting home delivery). Had my VIN in hidden source about 2 weeks now (I think) Hope this helps nailing down the ship.
Forgot to say my delivery is 29th

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Friday 02 Sep 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

GLOVIS COMPANION departed Southampton this afternoon enroute to Zeebrugge. She hasn't updated her AIS (which says she is heading to Suez) but I expect she will arrive in Zeebrugge tomorrow.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is now making her way up the Red Sea and is bound for Barcelona where she is due to arrive on 09 Sep. As she heads up the Red Sea towards Suez, her position may drop off the tracking map - nothing untoward, just a technicality.

GLOVIS SUNRISE is heading for Southampton and I would estimate she will arrive around 16 Sep. She is presently about to enter the Gulf of Aden.

Do enter the GLOVIS SUNRISE competition! It's free and just a bit of fun to make your wait a bit more interesting. Enter HERE

PAGANELLA Is bound for Brisbane (04 Sep - note new date), Port Kembla (09 Sep) and Melbourne (13 Sep) and I expect her drop Teslas off at each port. (Those dates for PK and MEL may move right a day or two)

GLOVIS SUN Her ETA for Suez has now firmed up to 10 Sep. I strongly suspect she is heading for Zeebrugge - ETA ~ 19 Sep however there is a suggestion that she may call at Southampton.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL is now heading for Suez, although she hasn't updated her AIS destination. She is running about 48 hrs behind GLOVIS SUN. I think it fair to assume that she must be heading for an EU port, probably Koper around 16 Sep. She is yet to appear on the Koper port arrivals board however this is not unusual and she may not appear until about 7 days before she is due to arrive.

GLOVIS COURAGE will arrive in a few hours for a refuel stop off Singapore. It looks very likely that she is bound for Barcelona with an ETA of 20 Sep.

SUNRISE ACE is suspected of delivering Teslas to Singapore and is presently enroute to Barcelona (13 Sep) and eventually Zeebrugge on 21 Sep

I mentioned Super Typhoon Hinnamnor yesterday, a storm with peak winds of 160mph! The storm is moving north and has thankfully weakened - it is now only a Typhoon with winds of only 90mph! However as it tracks north it may pick-up again. At the moment the forecast is for the storm to remain at sea and miss Shanghai and head for S Korea. Contrary to popular belief it's much safer for a ship to be at sea rather than tied to a dockside during a storm. Ships can generally outrun hurricanes etc and will alter their route to avoid the worst of the weather. This is especially true for RoRos with their huge slab sides. This 'windage' is calculated as part of the ships stability calculations.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.

Last edited:
I think you may be right - GLOVIS SUN may be calling at Southampton. I have info from another source which suggests this too.
@Mr Miserable to add to this as you know I have been having trouble with delivery of my car from work. Yesterday they had a call with Tesla to try and bring my delivery date of 27th forward but were told the ship is only docking on 26th so also back this up I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.