Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Viking Sea be a candidate for the UK? heading to Shanghai currently no load
Nope
I'm sorry but I don't like answering these type of questions as at any one time there are about 10-15 RoRos inbound to Shanghai.
I monitor them all and try to find their itineraries before they turn up so I can concentrate on the ones that I can't find an itinerary for - the charters.
If a ship that is of interest to us turns up, rest assured I will post details about it.
VIKING SEA will head to Eilat (after a call at Xiamen).

Last edited:
Summary: Friday 14 Oct

I'm still looking for the elusive UK ship to arrive at Shanghai South. It's pretty clear there is a shipment on the dockside ready to pick up.

GLOVIS SUPREME ETA Barcelona 25 Oct
HOEGH COPENHAGEN
ETA Zeebrugge on 05 Nov.
DENEB LEADER ETA Jebel Ali Dubai ~ 22 Oct

All the above ships are not 'Tesla' ships in the true sense, in that they have not been chartered by Tesla - they are just being used by Tesla to move some cars.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Koper 30 Oct She is a Tesla charter and has 5000 Teslas onboard (724 MY, 4276 M3)
TURANDOT is currently unloading in Port Kembla Australia, next stop Melbourne.
VIKING PASSAMA is carrying some Teslas to NZ (ETA AKL 28 Oct)
VIKING QUEEN is a Tesla charter and currently enroute to Singapore (20/10) for a refuel stop before carrying on to EU. Exact port is still TBC

GRAND RACE is currently loading at Pier 80, San Francisco. If she departs to Zeebrugge (with Model S/X) I now estimate she will arrive there around 05 Nov. That said, she could quite easily depart to the Far East - Taiwan, S Korea or Japan.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress. The ship's positions are updated every few minutes via satellite.

@Mr Miserable found this. Possibility

6F659995-4FF7-47B1-BFBB-78124A7DD190.png

88898B87-31FD-4E38-8D64-4CCAAC9E8770.png

As I reported this morning she is definitely inbound to Shanghai South. Whether she is the UK ship? The timing is good. I expect her to spend at least 2 days loading. We should be looking at an arrival in Southampton around 10 Nov.
Then again she might just head off to Japan.
We shall see....
I need to keep an eye on that boat as well then, I live in Southampton, and I'm hoping my MYLR will be among any boats heading this way, EDD has been all over the place the last few weeks!

Regarding RCC CLASSIC calling at Pier 80 next week - I'm not sure that can possibly happen.
I'm sure my source heard the name correctly but there is no way RCC CLASSIC can make it from the Gulf of Mexico to Pier 80 within a week - 2 weeks possibly.
The alternative is that RCC CLASSIC was originally scheduled to call next week but has been replaced by another ship - there are plenty to choose from.
Whatever, the point to note is that there is another ship due to call at Pier 80 next week.

Reactions: MrHopsing
I have identified a ship heading for Shanghai South that looks very likely to become a Tesla ship.
The trouble is that she is still 3900 NM away and won't arrive until I reckon 25 Oct.
She is however currently racing across the Pacific at 20kts which if she maintains that speed could knock 2 days off that ETA.
That ship is RCC EUROPE.

Last edited:
I have identified a ship heading for Shanghai South that looks very likely to become a Tesla ship.
The trouble is that she is still 3900 NM away and won't arrive until I reckon 25 Oct.
She is however currently racing across the Pacific at 20kts which if she maintains that speed could knock 2 days off that ETA.
That ship is RCC EUROPE.
Did someone say that there are lots of RHD Teslas waiting to be loaded at the dock in Shanghai? Is it normal to have them in position if the ship isn’t going to arrive until 25th October?

Status
Not open for further replies.