Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Hidden VIN to Finland MYLR BB19 on Wednesday. It is not in Hoegh but how can you check Grande California?

It's possible to track if VIN's are on Grande California here.

There are 724 Y's on board, 4276 3's.

For Model Y use shipment number
- S3-22988679

For Model 3 try:
- S3-22988491
- S3-22988538
- S3-22988583
- S3-22988635
- S3-22988664

(Thanks to TFF user lord-market for finding the shipping ID's)

Hi, Thanks for posting all this, its very interesting and exciting to keep up with all these updates.

I am in the UK and waiting or a MY AWD in grey. My EDD is 14-30Nov, and has been sat solid without changing for a few weeks now.

I have seen other people waiting for similar cars report that their EDD has slipped, one or two even til after christmas, yet my EDD remains solid.

Do we think there is a reason for this, for example, with as many as seven ship possible, is it likely that I just got lucky and my car is on an earlier ship? Or do we think my EDD is about to suddenly slip too?

I am trying to do my best to come up with a realistic delivery period, even if it contradicts the official one I am being told, as I need to arrange an alternative car to last me until the Y arrives...

Thanks for all these updates, it's very interesting, been really fun to follow.

PULAU TIOMAN departed Shanghai South last Wednesday for Gunsan, S Korea and was therefore judged as being unlikely to be transporting Teslas. I note however that she has now departed Gunsan enroute to Yokohama in Japan and that changes things.
I now suspect she is moving Teslas to Japan.

Hi, Thanks for posting all this, its very interesting and exciting to keep up with all these updates.

I am in the UK and waiting or a MY AWD in grey. My EDD is 14-30Nov, and has been sat solid without changing for a few weeks now.

I have seen other people waiting for similar cars report that their EDD has slipped, one or two even til after christmas, yet my EDD remains solid.

Do we think there is a reason for this, for example, with as many as seven ship possible, is it likely that I just got lucky and my car is on an earlier ship? Or do we think my EDD is about to suddenly slip too?

I am trying to do my best to come up with a realistic delivery period, even if it contradicts the official one I am being told, as I need to arrange an alternative car to last me until the Y arrives...

Thanks for all these updates, it's very interesting, been really fun to follow.
The EDD is notoriously unreliable. In my case my MY EDD moved to Dec 22 at one point and I took delivery in August. So don't rely on the EDD.
The best thing to do is speak to a human in Tesla. The chat facility on the account is pretty good and whoever the chat operators are, they seem to be able to provide the best ground truth. Tell them your situation and they may be forthcoming with a realistic outlook (always ask them the name of the ship or if they won't name the ship ask when the ship is due to arrive in Southampton and then tell me!).
At the moment there is no ship enroute to the UK (unless VIKING QUEEN snuck some RHD onboard) and that means no deliveries prior to at least 14 Nov.
As always, the first clue that your car is on its way is finding the hidden VIN in the source code of your account. There are other threads on this forum that tell you how to find your hidden VIN.

The EDD is notoriously unreliable. In my case my MY EDD moved to Dec 22 at one point and I took delivery in August. So don't rely on the EDD.
The best thing to do is speak to a human in Tesla. The chat facility on the account is pretty good and whoever the chat operators are, they seem to be able to provide the best ground truth. Tell them your situation and they may be forthcoming with a realistic outlook (always ask them the name of the ship or if they won't name the ship ask when the ship is due to arrive in Southampton and then tell me!).
At the moment there is no ship enroute to the UK (unless VIKING QUEEN snuck some RHD onboard) and that means no deliveries prior to at least 14 Nov.
As always, the first clue that your car is on its way is finding the hidden VIN in the source code of your account. There are other threads on this forum that tell you how to find your hidden VIN.
Thanks for the reply. I spoke to someone at Tesla last week and they said there was a date in their system of the 26nov, although I have no idea what this date is for (I took it to be a kind of 'ready to deliver' state). I did mention ships but she made this kind of 'Not sure about anything like that' noise.

I will keep an eye on your updates and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Reactions: nasula
Summary: Sunday 16 Oct

Still looking for the UK ship....

GLOVIS SUPREME ETA Barcelona 25 Oct
HOEGH COPENHAGEN ETA Zeebrugge on 05 Nov.
DENEB LEADER ETA Jebel Ali Dubai ~ 22 Oct

All the above ships are not 'Tesla' ships in the true sense, in that they have not been chartered by Tesla - they are just being used by Tesla to move some cars.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Koper 30 Oct She is a Tesla charter and has 5000 Teslas onboard (724 MY, 4276 M3)
VIKING QUEEN is a Tesla charter and currently enroute to Singapore (20/10) for a refuel stop before carrying on to EU. Exact port is still TBC
ETAs for the various options are Koper 04 Nov, Barcelona 05 Nov or Zeebrugge 10 Nov.

TURANDOT has now arrived in Melbourne.
VIKING PASSAMA is carrying some Teslas to NZ (ETA AKL 28 Oct)
GRAND RACE departed Pier 80 to Taiwan, but has now changed her destination to Pyeongtaek, S Korea ETA 28 Oct.
I have yet to identify the ship that is due to arrive at Pier 80 next week. There are a quite a few to choose from but I'm keeping an eye on NOBLE ACE at the moment, let's see where she heads off to after Benicia.

RCC EUROPE is currently mid-Pacific and enroute to Shanghai South (she is doing over 18kts - therefore she is in a hurry) and I reckon she could arrive on Monday 24th.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress. The ship's positions are updated every few minutes via satellite.

Last edited:

All the above ships are not 'Tesla' ships in the true sense, in that they have not been chartered by Tesla - they are just being used by Tesla to move some cars.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Koper 30 Oct She is a Tesla charter and has 5000 Teslas onboard (724 MY, 4276 M3)
VIKING QUEEN is a Tesla charter and currently enroute to Singapore (20/10) for a refuel stop before carrying on to EU. Exact port is still TBC
ETAs for the various options are Koper 04 Nov, Barcelona 05 Nov or Zeebrugge 10 Nov.

TURANDOT has now arrived in Melbourne.
VIKING PASSAMA is carrying some Teslas to NZ (ETA AKL 28 Oct)
GRAND RACE departed Pier 80 to Taiwan, but has now changed her destination to Pyeongtaek, S Korea ETA 28 Oct.
I have yet to identify the ship that is due to arrive at Pier 80 next week. There are a quite a few to choose from but I'm keeping an eye on NOBLE ACE at the moment, let's see where she heads off to after Benicia.

RCC EUROPE is currently enroute to Shanghai South (she is doing over 18kts - therefore she is in a hurry) and I reckon she could arrive on Monday 24th.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress. The ship's positions are updated every few minutes via satellite.
Mr M .so if RCC Europe was bound for uk she Docks on the 24th . loads . Then sails.what would her ETA in UK be ?

Last edited:
Mr M .so if RCC Europe was bound for uk she Docks on the 24th . loads . Then sails.what would her ETA in UK be ?
Going by other ships and data we have.

2 days for loading.
25 days to get to Southampton (this is dependant on traffic/weather)
3-5 days to take cars around the country.

We are looking at the end of Nov-first week of December.

That’s if RCC EUROPE is the ship we are hoping it will be.

I found today hidden VIN in source code, LRWYGCEKXPC53.... . The only possible carrier seems to be Viking Queen, so it is possibly heading to Zeebrücke. I presume all deliveries to Finland come from there.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
I found today hidden VIN in source code, LRWYGCEKXPC53.... . The only possible carrier seems to be Viking Queen, so it is possibly heading to Zeebrücke. I presume all deliveries to Finland come from there.
Interesting. Personally doubt it will be Viking Queen as there probably should have been more reports of VIN's being assigned today with the size of the ship. Last bulk of VIN's assigned was 6 days ago and it was Grande California. Viking Queen also departed just 2 days ago, while it usually seems to take 4+ days of shipping before VIN's are allocated

Last edited:
Interesting. Personally doubt it will be Viking Queen as there probably should have been more reports of VIN's being assigned today with the size of the ship. Last bulk of VIN's assigned was 6 days ago and it was Grande California. Viking Queen also departed just 2 days ago, while it usually seems to take 4+ days of shipping before VIN's are allocated
I know at least two other similar cases here in Finland. Several tens of cars had EDD between 4th and 20th November, just like mine. Today the dates disappeared and VIN appeared in source code. Probably only few people have noticed this so far and I believe there will be more of these announced soon.

• Informative
Reactions: AGNL and Jawbone
I know at least two other similar cases here in Finland. Several tens of cars had EDD between 4th and 20th November, just like mine. Today the dates disappeared and VIN appeared in source code. Probably only few people have noticed this so far and I believe there will be more of these announced soon.
Same here the VIN appeared a week ago. Similar activity in Swe. Since it takes 1-2 weeks to get them cars up here into the dark winter lands from the near tropical south/central europe, the boat must arrive early Nov to have a chance at delivery by end of Nov (21st in my case before the TBD of this wknd). Hoeg’s search shows no hits for Finnish VINs so it cannnot be COPENHAGEN. When I got my VIN in source, the only IDd ship in addition to CPH was SUPREME. Only weird thing is: why would they ship cars up north from barcelona? So still a bit of mystery, which only Mr M having the divine capabilities to calculate.

Is MEDITERRANEAN SEA rulled out due to the dock used in Shanghai (I dont know which was used)? Or too little time at the dock in Shanghai?

MEDITERRANEAN SEA is a previous Tesla ship, would line up with the VINs for Denmark, Sweden, Finland (and probably more countries) that are currently difficult to account for.

And the route Shanghai - Singapore - Suez - Zeebrugge fits with previous Tesla shipping patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.