Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, great thread!
Any updates regarding ships heading to Jebel Ali, Dubai?
Hi,
We are in Abu Dhabi waiting for a Model 3 Performance that was ordered in April.
Our delivery date window was updated yesterday to 21st to 31st October!
I was watching a YouTube video the other day that showed a map of the world with ships on it coming from Tesla Shanghai.
One of these ships was showing as being off coast of India heading up towards Oman.
I put the ships name into a “ship tracking” website and it stated that it was heading for port of Sohar in Oman.
Will this drop some cars off there then set sail for a quick run round to Jebel Ali - or will they truck them to Dubai from there, I wonder?
If you want to do some research on this yourself (let us know what you find!!) - the ships name is Deneb Leader

Cheers
Steve

I see the San Francisco Port schedule has been published and it names RCC CLASSIC as the next ship to call at Pier 80.
A source in SF also named this ship to me last week but it is not possible for that ship to still be on that schedule.
There is some dodgy info coming out of SF at the moment and it would be appear to be eminating from the ship handling agents for Tesla - Pasha & Co.
If they don't know what's happening - who does??
They are still waiting for the official announcement... From you!
Go on, announce R HOEGH MISERABLE as the next ship, and watch it pop up on every forum 😉

Call from my TA yesterday wanting to know if I’d be around in my EDD period (25/11 - 11/12) and if I still wanted the car. He agreed to change the collection point from Provence to Toulouse and said he’d call back in two weeks expecting to have the VIN and know about which boat it would be on. So I imagine it’ll be on a boat leaving Shanghai for somewhere in the EU at the start of November.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
MarineTraffic shows route forecast for RCC Amsterdam going to east docks, I hope this is just a default for CN SHG and not actual. PLEASE GO TO SOUTH!!

1666169556513.png

Reactions: perry12396
Hi,
We are in Abu Dhabi waiting for a Model 3 Performance that was ordered in April.
Our delivery date window was updated yesterday to 21st to 31st October!
I was watching a YouTube video the other day that showed a map of the world with ships on it coming from Tesla Shanghai.
One of these ships was showing as being off coast of India heading up towards Oman.
I put the ships name into a “ship tracking” website and it stated that it was heading for port of Sohar in Oman.
Will this drop some cars off there then set sail for a quick run round to Jebel Ali - or will they truck them to Dubai from there, I wonder?
If you want to do some research on this yourself (let us know what you find!!) - the ships name is Deneb Leader

Cheers
Steve
If only I could discover where this info came from in the first place....

I just realized I have ship tracking from my Bloomberg subscription.

It's showing RCC Amsterdam as heading to Sanshan. Rookie question, is that Shanghai South?
It's not Yangshan Island -that is the deepwater container port.
Shanghai South has a number of names - Nangang, Luchao, Caojing, Pier 4 and so it can be quite confusing.
I decided from the outset to stick with Shanghai South. Everyone seems to understand that.

Reactions: Sacharanc
GRANDE ABIDJAN is about to depart to Singapore (ETA 25 Oct). I'll admit to being a little surprised by this revelation.
I assume that she will refuel in Singapore and then head for Suez.
Of course, there is always the possibility that she is not on Tesla business....

Also worth mentioning that GLOVIS SUMMIT has had enough of being anchored in the Yangtze (3 days) and is now finally on her way to Singapore too. I don't think she is likely to be carrying Teslas.

RCC AMSTERDAM is now heading in to Shanghai South and I think she is definitely on Tesla business.

Last edited:
A WuWa video couldn’t come any quicker after the recent Mr M update…

Anyone else tracking RCC Amsterdam every 10 minutes? 😅
Imagine the crushing disappointment if it turns out it's not going to have all our cars on it.

My EDD is still showing 14-30th Nov, and if the RCC Amsterdam is the UK ship, then it feels possible it might just scrape the end of the EDD window, but feels like its already missed the first week or so.

If the Amsterdam is the dream boat we have been waiting for, I suspect a lot of UK order holders will start finding hidden vins in the next few days?

Imagine the crushing disappointment if it turns out it's not going to have all our cars on it.

My EDD is still showing 14-30th Nov, and if the RCC Amsterdam is the UK ship, then it feels possible it might just scrape the end of the EDD window, but feels like its already missed the first week or so.

If the Amsterdam is the dream boat we have been waiting for, I suspect a lot of UK order holders will start finding hidden vins in the next few days?
Out of interest - what do you mean by “hidden VINs?”

Out of interest - what do you mean by “hidden VINs?”
Long before Tesla officially tell you they have 'Vin Matched' your order to a car, the vin number assigned to you is secretly stashed away in the source code of the order page on the Tesla website. Apparently the hidden vin can be found shortly after the boat departs - I guess once they know exactly which cars are heading to the UK they can start pairing cars and orders up. Link below will detail how to find it. I have installed a chrome browser extension which checks for me which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.