Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the last ship of Q4? I think we might be able to squeeze one more in....
I wonder how likely it is that Tesla continues shipping cars to Europe all the way to the end of the quarter (to be delivered in January). I'm aware that the end of Q4 is also the end of the year so even more significant in terms of maximising deliveries up until the last day, but the message from the management in the Q3 shareholder update letter was fairly clear that they're aiming for continuous deliveries throughout.

Summary: Friday 18 Nov

A quick reminder we have 2 competition running at the moment: GLOVIS SAFETY and HOEGH TRANSPORTER.

CARRERA
ETA Zeebrugge 24 Nov. She is enjoying a sedate cruise through the Med..
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 19:30 21 Nov.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas. According to her schedule she should route direct to Zeebrugge from Suez.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many I suspect. It looks like she will make a stop in Tarragona, Spain on 27 Nov. This stop won't be Tesla related.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Can she still make it to Southampton by the 4th Dec?
Don't forgert to enter the competition! Enter HERE
TOKYO CAR ETA Zeebrugge 12 Dec.
G POSEIDON is enroute to Singapore for a refuel. She is a big ship (5000+ cars) and she is not hanging around. Destination looks likely to be Zeebrugge (~10 Dec).
GLOVIS SUN ETA Barcelona 10 Dec. Departed Shanghai South after only 24 hrs alongside, so probably only 2000-2500 cars onboard, which seems a waste of such a large ship.
GRANDE HALIFAX She looks as though she will certainly be heading to Southampton but when will she arrive?? She left Shanghai South this morning and is making her way to dock again at a Yangtze port. I don't know why.
DONG A GLAUCOS is now loading at Shanghai South. She is almost certainly another Tesla ship. WuWa needs a tent. We haven't seen a departure to Koper for a while...
Is this the last ship of Q4? I think we might be able to squeeze one more in....

MSC IMMACOLATA enroute from Pier 80 to Shanghai (29 Nov)

HOEGH TRANSPORTER looks a cert for the Model S/X shipment. She departs Baltimore on 20 Nov and arrives Zeebrugge on 02 Dec.
Click here to enter the competition! It closes for entries in just 2 days!
HOEGH TROVE looks like she will take the 2nd S/X shipment. Dep Baltimore 05 Dec arr Zeebrugge 18 Dec

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.
9 months watching and never known so many boats in transit! Q4 looks to be a bumper Q at least by comparison to Q2 and Q3 2022.

I wonder how likely it is that Tesla continues shipping cars to Europe all the way to the end of the quarter (to be delivered in January). I'm aware that the end of Q4 is also the end of the year so even more significant in terms of maximising deliveries up until the last day, but the message from the management in the Q3 shareholder update letter was fairly clear that they're aiming for continuous deliveries throughout.
Yes the message was clear as if they deliberately decided to go down this route - the fact is they had little choice but to miss end of quarter deadlines. It was spin. If there was a baby to kiss, they would have done that too. You can be reassured that there will be minimal cars at sea over the quarter end and the famous Tesla end-of-quarter push is alive and well and coming to a theatre near you in a matter of weeks.

Methinks, H Higway went to BCN to pickup cars left there, dropped them off to Southampton -> Bremerhaven and then Zeebrugge. Now Nordics will be covered by the KESS weekly transports outlined here: http://www.kess.kline.de/data/files/105/HHSchedule.pdf It would fit Danube Highway (edited) for those cars. Also would fit my TA’s comment (”your car is coming to Helsinki on 2.12”), which us exactly 2 days after Danube Hwy is scheduled to arrive in Hanko on 30.11. I assume a day to unload and another to transport.

Swedes in southern Sweden should be 3 days sooner and maybe 2 days in Stockholm region?

Getting a ship the size of H highway all the way North sounds odd.
This doesn't fit the fact that Tesla said my car will arrive at Södertälje port, which is much closer to Stockholm and "middle" of Sweden. Can't find arrivals for the port that far ahead but will keep an eye on Vessels in port and look for ships arriving around the 3rd of December.

This doesn't fit the fact that Tesla said my car will arrive at Södertälje port, which is much closer to Stockholm and "middle" of Sweden. Can't find arrivals for the port that far ahead but will keep an eye on Vessels in port and look for ships arriving around the 3rd of December.
So that would be another scheduled service. That list of schedules that I linked actually has a service from Zeee to Södertälje. This week it’s Thames Highway, next schedule it will be some other ship. They update that once a week so on the 22nd, there should be an updated schedule. Maybe another Södertälje-bound ship will xome up there then.

Very strange. Waiting for my S Plaid, and I have a delivery date (in Switzerland) between 5 and 15 Dec in the app (and even 02.12 on my final bill)… but the HOEGH tracking tool can’t find my vehicle…
Any idea ?
@Mr Miserable : do you think it could be on another ship (not the second one I mean, because the EDD would be completely wrong in that case) ? Maybe a ship that has not been identified yet ?

@Mr Miserable : do you think it could be on another ship (not the second one I mean, because the EDD would be completely wrong in that case) ? Maybe a ship that has not been identified yet ?
It's possible I suppose that there is another, 3rd, ship but I have yet to find it.
Let's be clear nobody's S/X is loaded onboard yet and so there is still time for it to appear.
Repost once HOEGH TRANSPORTER has departed and in the meantime, enter the HOEGH TRANSPORTER competition to see if you can guess where your car will be on 24 Nov!

It's possible I suppose that there is another, 3rd, ship but I have yet to find it.
Let's be clear nobody's S/X is loaded onboard yet and so there is still time for it to appear.
Repost once HOEGH TRANSPORTER has departed and in the meantime, enter the HOEGH TRANSPORTER competition to see if you can guess where your car will be on 24 Nov!
Thanks ! Really appreciate the reply.
And I entered the competition 😉

Reactions: Mr Miserable
What is the minimum timeframe for a ship to arrive and deliveries commence ? I have a collection date of the 8th December, I am assuming my car is on either Morning Cello or Glovis Safety but is that too quick a turn around ?
Clearly it depends where you are collecting from! If you are collecting from Southampton Docks you would think you would benefit from an earlier delivery compared to someone in Belfast.
When the cars come of the ship they are parked in compounds or the multi-storey car park at the docks and then they go through a preparation process. The process is pictured below.

IMG_1011.jpeg

Once they have gone through this they are then put almost directly on to transporters or are taken to the Southampton delivery centre. Clearly this centralised pre-delivery process could be regarded as a bottleneck but it would appear to be well staffed and the task is being conducted to a much higher standard than when the process was done previously at individual delivery centres. I'm not sure whether it is a 24 hr operation, I doubt it, but from what I saw earlier this year it does not appear to be a bottleneck at all and so transporter availability would appear to be the prime delivery scheduling factor.

So GRANDE HALIFAX is now on her way! Again.
She spent just 12 hrs alongside the Haitong terminal (it couldn't have been much shorter because of the tide).
Her ETA for Singapore is early on 25 Nov (local time)
I estimate she should arrive in Southampton around 15 Dec.

DONG A GLAUCOS is preparing to depart to Singapore also but planning to arrive about 12 hrs behind GH.
We don't yet know where she is heading but we haven't had a departure to Koper for a while and so it would be my guess.
I reckon she could arrive in Koper around 11 or 12 Dec.

Status
Not open for further replies.