Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Tesla M3 LR Accident Damage [is this totaled?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After multiple revisions to the initial estimate for repair, Tesla was marked Totaled with valuation at $52,000. I had hired an attorney for the process and shared discrepancies in the CCC Market Valuation Report like incorrect mileage, color, enhanced autopilot. Valuation was revised to $58,000 which again I felt was inaccurate as the car was 1 week old with under 120 miles.

I did my due diligence of finding Tesla listings with similar specs - Tesla M3 LR delivered in Sept 22 with few miles on https://www.cargurus.com/ (On a listing, scroll down to "Pricing" then click on "Show price history", check pricing to evaluate how much your car maybe worth).

I found a few listings and shared them with State Farm ranging from $65-67k. They took about a week, re-evaluated their CCC report and sent me a digital check for $69,603. Payment accepted, that's the best I could have expected, but OMG this was a painful experience that took my life away from me.

Medical expenses and Loss of Use are still in progress and its frustrating dealing with that aspect with attorneys. They were worthless, I'm glad they didn't get a cut from Auto Payout as they didnt care to be involved one bit and I had to do all due diligence on my own and follow ups.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC and mgs333
You might need to fight to ensure full reimbursement for what you originally paid/owe by insisting that it was effectively "brand new" at the time of the accident. Otherwise, they may only offer you the current market value replacement value which is much less.
I believe (but could be wrong) that the insurance will compensate you enough to buy a similar car in similar condition which is a Tesla M3 Long Range with very low miles on odometer (more likely a brand new one).
Due to the price cut. the cost of one like this could be much lower than what you paid, but you still get a new one.
Let say you paid 60K, now a new one like yours cost 45K, you will get 45K from the insurance. You won't get 60K so you can pocket the extra 15K after buying a replacement.