Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Tesla M3 Standard Range - Lowering Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello TMC Community,

I am new to the forum and recently got a 2022 Tesla Model 3 - Standard Range. Had a few questions about lowering the car since the only threads I’ve read are regarding the LR and Performance models being lowered. So my question/discussion is… any Standard Range owners with a lowered M3? Would love to hear your experience, spring brand, etc.

Note:
- I got the car with the 19” Sport Wheels, so not sure how that will affect the rim spacing when lowered.

Hello TMC Community,

I am new to the forum and recently got a 2022 Tesla Model 3 - Standard Range. Had a few questions about lowering the car since the only threads I’ve read are regarding the LR and Performance models being lowered. So my question/discussion is… any Standard Range owners with a lowered M3? Would love to hear your experience, spring brand, etc.

Note:
- I got the car with the 19” Sport Wheels, so not sure how that will affect the rim spacing when lowered.
I'm lowered on Eibach springs (the standard range version) with 19" Sport wheels. I also have 20mm/25mm wheel spacers front/rear. Zero rubbing (with and without spacers). Rides great. Just a little harsher on big dips. Just make you get it aligned by a shop that is familiar with Teslas.

Check out this thread: Lowering the Model 3

Reactions: jjsee
I'm lowered on Eibach springs (the standard range version) with 19" Sport wheels. I also have 20mm/25mm wheel spacers front/rear. Zero rubbing (with and without spacers). Rides great. Just a little harsher on big dips. Just make you get it aligned by a shop that is familiar with Teslas.

Check out this thread: Lowering the Model 3
Any idea what springs to get for a M3 with the LFP battery? I heard it can’t take standard M3 springs due to the added weight of the LFP battery. Thanks!

Probably the Long Range AWD springs. They are less than 200lbs different in weight.
I've been looking about for a while now for the same thing.

T-Sportline to their credit state their springs are fine with the Model3/LFP battery which is great.

Eibach springs might be ok but I could be wrong and they're out of stock?

H&R and UPP state 'not compatible' with the 'made in china' LFP Model 3 which is surprising - the Fremont built Model 3's now also have an LFP battery.

I have Eibachs on 2021 SR+ with LFP battery. Bought directly from Eibach and had them installed at their facility in Corona. They preload them so no settling and alignment done right away. Part number they advised for me was E10-87-001-04-22 knowing it was LFP.

Front does seems lower than other SR+ I have seen, maybe because of the heavier battery.

before/after:

IMG-20211013-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20211013-WA0008.jpg

Reactions: Lindenwood
My 2019 SR+ is similarly raked (lower in the front). I think it's just how these springs are.

It's possible they developed these springs for the SR+ battery pack that had the short battery modules at the rear of the pack (more weight on the rear axle) as opposed to the SR+ pack that had full-length modules with missing cells.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about (short module rear-heavy pack). This is likely what the Eibach SR+ springs were designed for. The earlier SR+ pack had full-length modules (as does the LFP pack).
1651879006948.png

Last edited: