Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Tesla Model S Charge Port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello - I have a 2022 Model S Long range that unfortunately was hit by someone while it was parked. Long story short, it was a very simple repair job (a few small scratches and some paint work) but it is now sitting in a Tesla certified body shop after they told me that they damaged the charge port during removal/install and need to replace the part. They’ve ordered the part and it is on back order. This was 2 weeks ago. The car has already been in the shop close to a month.

I asked them for the part# that they’ve ordered and he gave me this: 1567500-7H-A. I looked this up in the Tesla parts catalog and it doesn’t seem to exist. I googled it and shows up on some Russian site and eBay (7G-A instead of 7H-A). Seems to be the charge port inlet.

I’m confused about why this isn’t showing up in the Tesla parts catalog. Has anyone worked with this part before or know anything about it?

I’m super frustrated because this means my car is undriveable - he says he can’t put it back together without it. I imagine this part is not arriving anytime soon after reading all the posts on Reddit about people having to wait months for this sort of thing.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

If you put just the part number (no revisions) 4 show up in catalog.

This might be a tricky area. Do you have the new charge port that came out early in 2022 or the old one.

Sometimes the numbers after indicate assembly. Your part might come in a larger assembly.

I see a bunch on eBay that look like the catalog. None with your exact rev. But that doesn’t mean it won’t work. It’s usually safe to go to a newer rev or larger assembly that includes your part. But again some of this might be assemblies.

Like -10 might include the newest rev of the part you need.

What’s concerning though is one Rev says INTERIM in the description. With parts shortages there might have been all sorts of swaps. Some compatible some not.

But you need to make sure they are not waiting on something that won’t exist. And something newer (which has a wider assembly) might work fine.

You might go to a Tesla service center/parts department and see if they can help identify options in stock for your car.

I have bought correct parts off eBay for a certified body shop to avoid long delays. All worked out fine. In my case it was a headlight and I found a newer rev one.

• Helpful
Reactions: outdoors
Thank you! This helps. I will go to both the body shop where my car is at and Tesla service today. The part he’s ordered is what he says “Tesla has shared with us.” Your point about being able to use a newer rev is a good one though. Hopefully that’s the case and they can get something, or I can find something that they can use.

Thank you! This helps. I will go to both the body shop where my car is at and Tesla service today. The part he’s ordered is what he says “Tesla has shared with us.” Your point about being able to use a newer rev is a good one though. Hopefully that’s the case and they can get something, or I can find something that they can use.
Using a newer version is standard practice. Everything might be in order and just not available. But if you understand the constraints you might be able to locate the part on your own (new or used). Some shops might say no, but mine was great about it. Because they knew the situation with shortages and long delays.

I just asked him to send me a photo and the part number is actually 1567500-70-B, which as you mentioned has the INTERIM in the description. I’ll call Tesla and check availability for this. I’m not sure why they ordered a previous version of this part.

I hate everything.

I just asked him to send me a photo and the part number is actually 1567500-70-B, which as you mentioned has the INTERIM in the description. I’ll call Tesla and check availability for this. I’m not sure why they ordered a previous version of this part.

I hate everything.

This says it’s new, I think there are a few on eBay. Check ratings if you go this route. Triple check it’s the right part. Check with body shop before buying.