Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Tesla Model X Long range Gray white interior walnut accents MSRP fees 8% plus $24k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked this up today . Heading down PCH towards Newport Beach California .

Looking to sell for sticker of 119,690 plus 8% and registration fees such that after all that tally I end up with $24k in my pocket on top of those numbers added up .

Model X long range $116,990
Black and white premium interior with wallet decor $2000
Midnight silver metallic $1500
20” wheels
Yoke steering wheel
Autopilot (ready)
Five seat fold flat
Doc fees and destination fees $1200
-$119690

My registration fees and so on have to be calculated as I just got it 20 minutes ago . 21 miles on the clock , but I will be driving it towards Newport Beach .
Frankly she’s so gorgeous , I am enamored and it will be very very very hard to go back . The interior is much much much better than photos online .

I will also happily consider trades and cash for 2019 and later Mode X from private sellers and for unlimited transferable supercharging from 2016 model X with less than 26k miles .

This is my third Model X my seats are always covered and my last one interior looked showroom new (I have pics at 83,000 miles) so rest assured this car will be as new ! I maintained a 28M car collection featuring Bugatti’s , 3 300 SL Gullwings , Dusenburgs etc. so this will look flawless.

I took delivery with 21 miles on the odometer. But I will begin driving down the California coast in a few hours . I am willing to stop at anytime and sell her. So anyone one from Portland to San Diego I could drop her at your door .

Europe has stopped taking orders for Model S and Model X .

Same is expected for the USA . A Model X ordered today will take (they say ahem) until July 2023 to produce and that’s Elon time which means likely sometime in 2025, because cyber truck will ramp and slow everything down .

347-263-7238 keep calling in case I am
On the phone . Voicemails
Turn into texts so I will get back to you .

I had to wait 18 months for this car and that was before the backlog . I ordered in Nov 2020.

So there is no way in hell the backlog is just to July 2023 at this point (same as when I ordered in 2020) likely 2025 or worse. And oh boy have I ever suffered the wraith of Elon time .

I’ll see how all the pricing settles out I can probably settle for less once I figure out all the other fees.

347-263-7238 is my google voice . John

Last edited:
OP is straight up - he’s looking to recover his payment to Tesla, registration fees, and tax paid. Problem is that new buyer will also owe registration and tax to the great state of California.
Good luck w sale

Reactions: JAG
I’m guessing it’s going to be about $145k . You’ll only pay tax in one state .

A lot of rambling but I have driven Almost every iteration of Tesla. All the model three all the model Y all the model S except for me 60, all the model X and every performance variant . This is at once all things, fast stable , spacious, versatile, handles towing and baby seats. But it’s so quick the power transfer has no delay even better than the face lifted raven model S.

I haven’t been so happy with a car until I got my first 1994 500E/E500 . These may not look as nice, but they fob it better , with more confidence .

What is really need is unlimited super charging because I am doing an “Airstream Snowboard America Tour” before I’m too darn old and my kW/M will double with an Airstream.

That tour was supposed to happen about a year after Model X was first announced in 2013. But MX90d service issues killed that dream .

To me , knowing what I know now, the older model X has resolvable 1/2 shaft issues with EVFIXME of Costa Mesa CA. mods. It’s a known entity to me.

I want to roam much further and faster than ChargePoint would allow as the dream is to be chasing after snow storms for flawless soft corduroy . I am not doing a Rivian or Ford lightning because the Suoercharger network has such great penetration in ski areas.

I’m guessing it’s going to be about $145k . You’ll only pay tax in one state .

A lot of rambling but I have driven Almost every iteration of Tesla. All the model three all the model Y all the model S except for me 60, all the model X and every performance variant . This is at once all things, fast stable , spacious, versatile, handles towing and baby seats. But it’s so quick the power transfer has no delay even better than the face lifted raven model S.

I haven’t been so happy with a car until I got my first 1994 500E/E500 . These may not look as nice, but they fob it better , with more confidence .
All your experience driving Tesla is great. I think people just want to how much you’re asking for what car. That’s really it.

Reactions: moose_tm3
I still have it , just been busy - probably will get around to putting it on cars and bids. This week. It’s all covered up
Protected.

Some interest in it .

I won’t sell it until I put a deposit down on another as I’m going back to the older MX 100D model for a bit . There is slightly less trunk space width in the lower trunk and also in the space between the deep trunk and the 2nd row of seats .

A whole lot of rambling as others have said, posting a pic or two would save time and probably sell it quicker. No one cares about the reason you want unlimited supercharging, your trip, or all your stops.
You do realize that the higher you sell it for, the more the buyer pays in taxes to DMV in CA? So if you're looking for $147k, the buyer would pay their tax rate on that price. I hope no one takes this deal.