Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Tesla owners really got the shaft!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that Tesla has upset many recent buyers that did not receive $7500 off plus 10K of free super charger miles or massive discounts that they are offering now, do you think they can get the vision based USS to work! Maybe they could apply programming resources to vision based USS vs fart on demand! I still like my 23 model Y but this is becoming like "PLEASE SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER"!
Vision based USS will be coming right away on the same timeline as FSD... so never! Welcome to Tesla!

Reactions: tonyz1
I completely agree and you have every right to be upset. Why aren’t ppl here more sympathetic? You guys are saying that you should’ve done more research? Most who bought didn’t know the price hike of 10-20% and started looking at tesla cause of the crazy gas prices…. Honestly you shouldn’t be responding to these of ppl. Im personally glad you started this post.

Me personally, bought a 3p a 5 month back and had the car for 2 month because someone hit me within 3 weeks of owning it… They claimed at fault thank God and now I’m fighting for diminishing value. But, when I saw that US cut prices and I saw my cars value drop 15% oooofff worst feeling ever.

Im here with you QC.

I completely agree and you have every right to be upset. Why aren’t ppl here more sympathetic? You guys are saying that you should’ve done more research? Most who bought didn’t know the price hike of 10-20% and started looking at tesla cause of the crazy gas prices…. Honestly you shouldn’t be responding to these of ppl. Im personally glad you started this post.

Me personally, bought a 3p a 5 month back and had the car for 2 month because someone hit me within 3 weeks of owning it… They claimed at fault thank God and now I’m fighting for diminishing value. But, when I saw that US cut prices and I saw my cars value drop 15% oooofff worst feeling ever.

Im here with you QC.
Well thank ya! I just think it doesn’t lend itself to “great customer service”. I’m salty, and I have that right! Still happy, and I will survive the market change/ conditions. But, I’m a small business person and I try to keep repeat customers. I would have thrown my ppl a little bone. With $118B projected in 2023 revenue, my “ask” of a year of $200/ mo FSD payments for …let’s say the approx 500k ‘22 MY and M3’s (of which many already have FSD) would cost them ..very little in the grand scheme. The tech has already been paid for. But I’m not holding my breath.

Then I understand why someone would be upset they spent luxury car money on something that’s subpar

I’m not sure about the moniker “luxury car”.

I guess when I think “luxury” I envision Ricardo Montalban hawking “the finest Corinthian leather” and whatnot. Never really struck a note with me anyway.

“Form follows function”. I find the simplicity of the Tesla’s interior quite elegant. In a way that layering on “luxury” - faux or otherwise - would be a net negative in my book. Not to say there won’t always be a market for such things, and manufacturers to keep that market happy.

And “subpar”? What’s “par” in this case? I find my Model 3LR to provide an absolutely marvelous and relaxing driving experience as is. Sometimes less is more!