Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Tesla S refreshed questions...is this normal? Need input from current owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm scheduled to take delivery on my S long range this coming Thursday. I stopped by my delivery center today to verify some final payment information. The girl that helped me out asked if I would like to take a look at the vehicle prior to my delivery date since it was in the lot...of course I said yes! I was informed that the vehicle was extremely dirty since it has not been detailed yet...and it was. As she pulled the vehicle up I immediately noticed something over the rear drivers side wheel well. I thought it might have been some type of adhesive but after closer inspection it was actually a paint/clear coat run. The white interior was covered with greasy hand prints, especially the drivers seat. I'm not sure why a newly delivered vehicle has such a dirty interior. There were a bunch of other issues (panel gaps, interior fitting issues, etc) but my real question is this. I opened up the trunk and right next to the tail lights the paint was horrendous looking! It was on both the left and right side of the rearI attached a pic of what I'm talking about. Is this normal for the model s? Please inform...thanks!

Trunk flaw or normal?

Attachments

• Tesla_trunk_flaw.jpeg
    Tesla_trunk_flaw.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 240
I have a similar issue with my recent delivery and I've been trying to figure out if this is something that Tesla can address. Our Model 3 and Y do not have these types of issues so its a bit disappointing given the price point of this car.

Attachments

• tempImageJZO7ef.png
    tempImageJZO7ef.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 115