Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Tesla X battery dead !! Need help !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, let me explain.

I was on my way back from Orlando, and the mile marker was zero and there were 10 miles to go, to get home. I kept driving until I got to my house, I drove the car into the garage, and I didn't put the charging cable right away, after 2 hours when I went to put the cable in, the car was completely dead. When I put the cable, nothing happened, the wall charger connector light remained blue because there was no communication with the car.
This is a perfect learning point for any new owners out there. Never leave your car unplugged with a low state of charge, especially at 0 miles or when its cold out. Plug it in immediately and charge.

I did and its horrible, doesnt explain the details.....actually the new model x 2022 there is no much information at the manual and online.... I got lucky because @Tz00 and another two guys here....they gave me a lot of useful tips.... but the car its fine now !! thx everyone !

Welcome to Tesla ownership lol! Basically, just keep your car plugged in if possible. If not, keep the charge high enough so it doesn't drain.

Reactions: RodolfoMattei
And don't store it more than 70% for long periods. Charge it right before you leave to the higher SOC if you need the range. Ideally you'd store it around 50% and then charge to what you need so it finishes charging to that level when you need to leave.
You can store it at 90%, no problem. But, yes, the closer to the middle the better.

Yes, the higher you store it above half, the faster it will degrade. Will it degrade suddenly overnight storing it at 90%? No but it'll be the difference between 20 and 50 miles of degradation after 8 years if you always store it at 90%.

Yea, that is correct. Tesla considers <= 90% "safe" though. I wouldn't have any second thoughts for 80-90%

Yes, the higher you store it above half, the faster it will degrade. Will it degrade suddenly overnight storing it at 90%? No but it'll be the difference between 20 and 50 miles of degradation after 8 years if you always store it at 90%.
question about always leaving it on the charge: should it be left at a low amperage (lets say 20A) or the highest amperage that the car can take (48A in case of my MS)?

Well, let me explain.

I was on my way back from Orlando, and the mile marker was zero and there were 10 miles to go, to get home. I kept driving until I got to my house, I drove the car into the garage, and I didn't put the charging cable right away, after 2 hours when I went to put the cable in, the car was completely dead. When I put the cable, nothing happened, the wall charger connector light remained blue because there was no communication with the car.
So let me get this straight, you have a brand new 2022 X worth $120K+, you drove 10 miles past 0% SOC of charge, you got home and DIDN’T plug it in?

In 3 years of owning Teslas I’ve never been below 10% because I know that is really hard on the battery and your car can shutdown at any time.

It’s a battery voltage. How full it is, is an ESTIMATE !!! It can easily be off by 5%.

Well, let me explain.

That is abuse. I would not treat a $140k car like that.

The 12v battery runs all of the computers, sensors, lights, etc. It depends on the main battery to keep it charged. If the main battery is allowed to go to zero, or even close, the charging circuits will shutdown and the 12v battery starts draining and will go dead. Like others said, if you get below 5% you should charge as soon as possible. I was on a long trip once, and it was getting late, so decided 5% would be enough to get me a mile down the street to the SC so I stopped and ate first. 40 minutes later when I went back to the car I was at 1%. I don't think it used 4%, just stabilized, as mswlogo stated, it is just an estimate. Luckily I made it the mile or so to the SC.