Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Toyota Tundra

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ogre

On The Clown Car
Sep 6, 2021
Oregon
The 2022 Tundra pricing is out.

If we assume for a second that Cybertruck prices follow suit (Not saying they will but lets just assume they do for the moment) and that the EV incentives pass (Which seems about 60-70% likely??)

That would put the Base Cybertruck at 46,000 (when its eventually available), the dual motor at 57,500, and the tri motor at 79,950 (because I guarantee Tesla would game the incentive). After the proposed incentives, that puts the CT pricing at 38k, 49,500, and 72,000… now take a look at how that compares to the Toyota price sheet below.

I put some highlights in on the sidebar. The Cybertruck tri motor doesn’t really have a great compare here.

Considering where the Cybertruck was priced at launch, I think the Tundra is a good benchmark all around.

1636757147410.jpeg

I’ll be perfectly honest and say I am going to be purchasing a tundra pro with hybrid motor over the cybertruck. Recent events with travelling with our model y have shown me that the cybertruck is not a practical vehicle for majority of people who reside around or above the 40th parallel. Even with a reasonable SC network you wouldn’t save money or energy in the winter and would be unreliable when the extreme cold weather hits. Very disappointing because I was hoping the cybertruck would be a great option for a family wanting to take road trips.

Reactions: DanTeSX
Toyota, let's go & pollute places:mad:
Like I said if there was a better and safer way to travel in northern climates I would totally be on board with spending my money on it. But right now the EV for rural northern environment is not there. We have decided our MY is not a good option for outside the city limits in the winter. Anyone else on this forum will attest. The problems with the heater, the range being half of what it is in the summer, the unreliability of chargers where you’re going, the list goes on. I am very happy with the Y for city driving which is 95% of what we do in a year. The cybertruck won’t be filling the gap that our family needs to go on adventures and being able to travel in the winter on road trips. Hopefully Tesla and other companies realize there is going to be a need for more SC’s then just on main highways and that range is a major problem in the winter months