Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Y feels different from 2021 Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh I word good, college edumacated and all!

The price of the vehicle is completely orthogonal as to whether an issue is serious or not, so that is a throwaway comment / non-sequitor for the purpose of this discussion.

A recurring theme here and Reddit is not all SC's are created equal, perhaps consulting another independent party and sending Tesla the bill if they resolve would be worth doing? Maybe take it to a tire place and have them check?

If you're just "done" with the car, and your state lemon law requirements have been satisfied, then Terminator has a point. It strikes me as the least desired course of action for a steering wobble, which is usually easily correctable, assuming a competent diagnosis.
I think my problem is getting the competent diagnosis.

My husband rode in it for the 1st time today and asked if I ordered the ‘go kart suspension’ 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

I think my problem is getting the competent diagnosis.

My husband rode in it for the 1st time today and asked if I ordered the ‘go kart suspension’ 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
There was also some sort of recall related to improperly attached suspension components.

Allegedly they are contacting all affected vehicle owners but it may be worth hitting up Tesla about this as well.

This type of issue is super frustrating, hope you get it sorted soon!

Reactions: ConchChick
Well the verdict is in from Tesla and they say that’s how the 7 seater handles and basically they can’t/won’t do anything about it. I have respectfully requested a refund- I’ve been told no so far but I’m not giving up. They offered to take my car on trade-in and give me 10,000 less than what I bought it for 3 weeks ago 🤣🤣. I can’t believe all 7 seaters are like this...... 😩😩

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
There is a patch of freeway around Seattle that unsettled the car a great deal during one of my test drives, MYLR but it's due to a fairly basic suspension and stiff chassis of the MY. The "symptoms", if you will, behaved like a very short wheelbase car, over expansion joints, that caused it to buck a lot more than I have experienced in any car we've owned over the past few decades.

Does that describe what you're experiencing?

I'm willing to accept its not going to drive like an air or dynamic suspension vehicle, and my backup plan is to install the Mountain Pass Performance suspension kit if becomes insufferable.

Well the verdict is in from Tesla and they say that’s how the 7 seater handles and basically they can’t/won’t do anything about it. I have respectfully requested a refund- I’ve been told no so far but I’m not giving up. They offered to take my car on trade-in and give me 10,000 less than what I bought it for 3 weeks ago 🤣🤣. I can’t believe all 7 seaters are like this...... 😩😩
Have you looked to Carvana, Vroom, GMTV or Carmax for a quote?

That seems hard to believe. I mean, the 7-seater may be a couple hundred pounds heavier, if that. Shouldn't make that much of a difference.
I agree but I'm really at a loss. Thinking of having an independent do the road force balance tomorrow to see if that helps. If it does, Tesla will get the bill

Does anyone think the AC is different in 2022? Mine will audibly "exhaust" air like a huge breath every now and then.... never had this on 2020 MY
My AC seems the same as my 2021 Y

There is a patch of freeway around Seattle that unsettled the car a great deal during one of my test drives, MYLR but it's due to a fairly basic suspension and stiff chassis of the MY. The "symptoms", if you will, behaved like a very short wheelbase car, over expansion joints, that caused it to buck a lot more than I have experienced in any car we've owned over the past few decades.

Does that describe what you're experiencing?

I'm willing to accept its not going to drive like an air or dynamic suspension vehicle, and my backup plan is to install the Mountain Pass Performance suspension kit if becomes insufferable.
Buck is probably not what I'm experiencing but more like the car rocks from side to side or left to right over bumps and when making turns.
Have you looked to Carvana, Vroom, GMTV or Carmax for a quote?
I haven't looked yet but when we were thinking of keeping the 2021 we tried to get prices for my husband's 22 Telluride and it was like we 'stumped' the computer generator and no one ever reached back out to us to offer a price. Oh wait, Tesla did, for a sad $8000 less than what we paid 2 months earlier

Buck is probably not what I'm experiencing but more like the car rocks from side to side or left to right over bumps and when making turns.

I haven't looked yet but when we were thinking of keeping the 2021 we tried to get prices for my husband's 22 Telluride and it was like we 'stumped' the computer generator and no one ever reached back out to us to offer a price. Oh wait, Tesla did, for a sad $8000 less than what we paid 2 months earlier
That happened to me on my Tesla. I ended up reaching out for an update and they requested some information. About a day later they provided an appraisal.

Reactions: ConchChick