Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Y Long Range- Matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 Y long range on order to replace my 2020 Y. Delivery is supposed to be in May. Any confirmation the LONG RANGE Y’s have the matrix headlights like the performance Y and new 3’s? Was hoping for this, but it seems like the long range Y’s are still shipping with the “old” LED headlights?

Reactions: layhomah
Just to confirm the above I picked up a model Y LR a week ago and it has the old headlights. Maybe they have a good supply of them. Who knows. I got a lot of unexpected stuff since it took so long to make so I'm not going to complain too much. There's always going to be a new thing.

I'm not ordering a replacement Y for our 2020 LR AWD Y until I know for certain I get a 4680 Y from Austin. Good luck.
Yeah, I hear ya. I ordered in February, with a projected delivery date of August. Now they bumped the delivery date up to May. I’m not having much hope my car is going to have the 4680 pack or front mega casting. That TX factory is online now, building Y’s apparently, so who knows.

Yeah, I hear ya. I ordered in February, with a projected delivery date of August. Now they bumped the delivery date up to May. I’m not having much hope my car is going to have the 4680 pack or front mega casting. That TX factory is online now, building Y’s apparently, so who knows.
What? What is your build. I ordered in September and have the same EDD.

Prices go up every quarter. Seems not worth waiting. I mean, the car is up $12k since last year at the same time.
Prices will drop again. Everyone is ramping up their EV production , Tesla is only this expensive because they are the one ones which can produce a substancive amount of cars . Eventually we will see EV's sitting on other manufacturers lots . Tesla has a large margin to work with on the Y.

If you don't need to buy a car now when it is 14K more expensive you are better off waiting .

Prices will drop again. Everyone is ramping up their EV production , Tesla is only this expensive because they are the one ones which can produce a substancive amount of cars . Eventually we will see EV's sitting on other manufacturers lots . Tesla has a large margin to work with on the Y.

If you don't need to buy a car now when it is 14K more expensive you are better off waiting .
I doubt they'll lower prices. Does that happen?

Prices go up every quarter. Seems not worth waiting. I mean, the car is up $12k since last year at the same time.
You are right, so after further review I just ordered a Performance Y. My order says my EDD is July - Sept which is good timing for me as I now qualify for a newly approved $4K EV cash rebate IL just approved. I couldn’t gamble on any more price hikes or delays. Plus we have a 2020 LR AWD to hold us until the P is delivered.