Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Y Long Range- Matrix headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. "glass is much clearer ONLY?" (1) is it GLASS or some forms of hard plastics like a blend of Polycarbonate and Polyvinyl Buterate? (2) I think the Audi Matrix light can auto-dim and help recognize pedestrians far away?
The clearer reference was for identifying them as matrix over the reflectors, thats the easiest way. Besides the ability tocontrol where the light goes I am not aware of what the lights are made of or other special functions

Reactions: CMPT PAD
Honestly you wouldn’t notice if you had Matrix or not. People always want the latest and greatest, but the LR headlights work just as good as the matrix.
They do for now but the matrix lights will be far better when extra functionality is eventually enabled. Turning lights with steering wheel and aiming beams around oncoming traffic are just some of what is possible with the tech.

AFAIK no Model 3 or Y has lights that move with the steering wheel and only the adaptive lights would have the needed tech to make this possible.
I haven’t driven at night with the Y yet, but my S has adaptive lights and that’s with the old style MS lights. You don’t need matrix lights to get adaptive steering lights, I believe it’s done by adding lights that only light up when the steering wheel turns.

I haven’t driven at night with the Y yet, but my S has adaptive lights and that’s with the old style MS lights. You don’t need matrix lights to get adaptive steering lights, I believe it’s done by adding lights that only light up when the steering wheel turns.
That is the older way of doing it. European cars have done it with actual motorized lights for about 20 years now though and the latest stuff actually uses lasers.

I've never seen or heard anything whatsoever that the 3 or Y has any capability like this and if Tesla is going to add it then it would almost certainly be done using the Matrix tech since those projectors are designed to do these functions.

You said "I thought the MYLR had steering lights"... there is zero evidence whatsoever that it does so if you'd like to point to this being something that exists that would really be helpful. I'm 99% sure it in fact does not. My M3 certainly doesn't have this.

You said "I thought the MYLR had steering lights"... there is zero evidence whatsoever that it does so if you'd like to point to this being something that exists that would really be helpful. I'm 99% sure it in fact does not. My M3 certainly doesn't have this.
I guess grammar isn’t your strong suit, so calm down.
I said I “thought” they did, I never said they actually do.
In my follow up post I even said I haven’t driven at night yet in my Y.
People are allowed to be wrong and I made it clear I wasn’t sure.

No idea if my MIC early 2022 UK MYLR has matrix headlights. I do see that they are a lot brighter than my Model S headlights and better than our Model 3 SR+ headlights. Bright, angular, and needing calibration every now and again.

No idea if my MIC early 2022 UK MYLR has matrix headlights. I do see that they are a lot brighter than my Model S headlights and better than our Model 3 SR+ headlights. Bright, angular, and needing calibration every now and again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 9.56.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 9.56.26 AM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 5,836
Reactions: Travis64