Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022LR buzz/rattle only at 30–38mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This appears to be unique from other posted threads. I wonder if anyone else might have encountered a similar issue.

Shortly after delivery I noticed a buzz/rattle coming from the driver's side of the dash when traveling between 30–38 mph. I had a service appointment in Feb 22 for this issue along with a few other minor items to be addressed. Invoice after service claimed they performed a validation test drive an "no trouble found." Unfortunately the issue was not resolved.

I scheduled another service appointment for this week. I insisted that someone take a ride with me to make sure the noise was clearly identified. A service rep rode with me to confirm the issue as no techs were available at the time. After two days the car was ready, the invoice stated "Correction: Interior Component/Trim/Seal Adjustment - 0.3," and they performed a validation test drive. I'm convinced whomever did the test drive was not the service rep who initially confirmed the noise because as soon as I arrived home and tried driving at 30–38 mph the noise was clearly still there!

I don't believe this is a "serious" issue which is indicative of future problems, but it is annoying when driving with windows closed, climate off, and radio off. It appears to be a sympathetic vibration.

This thread discusses various possible causes. It helps a lot if you can actually find out exactly which component the rattle is coming from so they don't have to guess (and then possibly have it not be fixed after thinking it was). Even in that thread the rattles aren't all coming from the same place (even though it's generally the driver side dash area).

That notorious driver side dash rattle..

Last edited:
The video in the linked thread is the one I used to fix the rattle in my car myself after the service center tried. The SC put a bunch of foam all over the dash but in the wrong spots. I watched the video and then did the fix myself and it's been quiet ever since.

Reactions: XPsionic