Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.2.0.5 release notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  1. Sentry mode will pulse headlamps on 3/y cars when threat is detected.
  2. 3/y hvac heating of steering wheel on cars with that will allow to regulate steering wheel heat temp
  3. Thai language for navigation in SouthAsia region
  4. Germany and Spain get speed sign recognition (hw3 only)
  5. China (not Tegra): Apple music Spillover from 2022.44.30.8
  6. China AMD 3/y: We Chat Mini programs
  7. China 3/y handwriting suppo
  8. China Mango TV
Screenshot 2023-01-26 11.18.58 AM.png

Might have been in a previous update I missed, but since updating to this one, heated seat « off » icon is now 3 grey bacon lines instead of no bacon lines.

When on « 1 » intensity, you get one red line, no grey line at all.

At first I didn’t get why my heated seats were not turning off.

It makes a very inconsistent UI and very bad UX regression for colour blind users.

Reactions: brkaus
Might have been in a previous update I missed, but since updating to this one, heated seat « off » icon is now 3 grey bacon lines instead of no bacon lines.

When on « 1 » intensity, you get one red line, no grey line at all.

At first I didn’t get why my heated seats were not turning off.

It makes a very inconsistent UI and very bad UX regression for colour blind users.

It's been like ot for a while, I have less of a problem with the that though as you can see the on slices next to the off slices wheras the heated steering wheel I really struggle with, I can never really tell from the icon whether its on or off (I'm weak on red/green and it doesn't stand out to me when its on)

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
I got the same update for my 2020 X Performance. You would think that they would give it to X owners or at least tell us when or if we would get it. Kind of salt on a fresh wound after the big price drop.

It's been like ot for a while, I have less of a problem with the that though as you can see the on slices next to the off slices wheras the heated steering wheel I really struggle with, I can never really tell from the icon whether its on or off (I'm weak on red/green and it doesn't stand out to me when its on)
I fear I may have been mistaken. The heated seats didn’t have them. I still struggle with the steering wheel icon in the dark. No so bad in daylight for some reason.

Tesla really needs to implement a way to access HVAC/Climate Menu without turning the system on. If I want to turn on only heated steering wheel, I have to touch temperature icon, then the HVAC turns on while the HVAC menu appears. Then have to turn off HVAC manually everytime.
If your main issue is the heated steering wheel, you can just add it to the button bar at the bottom, then you can turn it on/off without turning on the HVAC.

Or use voice. But absolutely the UI could definitely be better.
If your main issue is the heated steering wheel, you can just add it to the button bar at the bottom, then you can turn it on/off without turning on the HVAC.
Yes. All good options I have used in some form. Voice for steering. Button for seats. Still haphazard. But Nothing beats just having a nice clean view of the HVAC controls and just managing all things from that single menu.

I hate that the HVAC stays on after I turn off the front defrost. It's a damn computer, it should remember the previous state of the HVAC system. At least I can now set the fan to low when on auto, so it's not as loud as it used to be.

But I do like that they moved the media control to the left, I now have easy access to all my favorites like radio/usb/tunein without wasting valuable icons on them. I can use those icons for car functions like front + rear defrost, and heated steering wheel.

Reactions: DownshiftDre
We have a 2017 MS with FSD. We are running 2022.44.30.10. Sometimes for no obvious reason the lines at the sides of the road disappear or turn grey. Sometimes we get a message that the left fender camera has vision obscured, and then it clears up or goes off again. Sometimes cruise is unavailable, then works, then again stops working, all during a continuous non-stop drive.

I would like to know whether the software is buggy or the camera needs to be replaced. The car did not show any of these problems when I had it in for service of these items. Of course.