Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.2.10. 50 minutes update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
48 Minutes for me on 2023.2.10. Abnormally long. Wrecked YouTube in Theater, where YouTube only plays at 360dpi now. Netflix very slow to load. Screen quality diminished. Rebooted, reloaded 2023.2.10 from Service-No help.
Yup. Me too on the time.
20230202_080503.jpg

48 Minutes for me on 2023.2.10. Abnormally long. Wrecked YouTube in Theater, where YouTube only plays at 360dpi now. Netflix very slow to load. Screen quality diminished. Rebooted, reloaded 2023.2.10 from Service-No help.
I'm getting the same thing in youtube theater on 2022.44.25.10. It plays in low res and the menu to manually change resolution doesn't work.
Could be a browser or youtube site-side issue which is unrelated to Tesla S/W version. Haven't really messed with it.

Downloaded a 50 Minutes update.. never before was this long. Anyone else?

Don't know how long but it blew away profiles. Set location to California, not upper Michigan. Blew away all logins and radio stations and phone keys. We are not happy.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
My downloads take hours. Installed in normal time, 40 to 50 minutes. I never saw the download before now. I was always just asked do I want to install. The download used to be in the background and I never knew it was doing it until the download finished, and it asked me to install it.

Downloaded a 50 Minutes update.. never before was this long. Anyone else?

Yes, see above. Not uncommon. Usually seems to stall around 50% for a while.

Don't know how long but it blew away profiles. Set location to California, not upper Michigan. Blew away all logins and radio stations and phone keys. We are not happy.

There have been scattered reports of this issue occurring more often recently.

As they have more models, with with variations in hardware, with different rules in more countries I would think more issues are going to popup down the road; especially with recent layoffs, potentially even more layoffs, and poaching Tesla people to Twitter. Not to mention the seemingly increasing pressure from State and Federal agencies.

I'm getting the same thing in youtube theater on 2022.44.25.10. It plays in low res and the menu to manually change resolution doesn't work.
Could be a browser or youtube site-side issue which is unrelated to Tesla S/W version. Haven't really messed with it.

This is quite common and widely report; if not a problem for everyone now. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with what software the car has. It also doesn't seem to be limited to just YouTube.

There are multiple workarounds to to get back to 1080P; but they require varying degrees of effort. Likewise Tesla may close these holes (workarounds), or not in the future.

Here's some good reading:
Tesla’s YouTube App Is Now Limited to 360p Resolution, but There’s a Workaround (LINK)

Crazy rediculous!!! My Feb 2022 MSLR is on update 2023.2.10. The audio command for setting temperature is off. If I say "set temperature to 70" it gets set to 71. If I tell it 72, it goes to 73. Ridiculous. Then I thought .... "set tempurature to 70 point zero", it works and sets to 70. I tried it a few more times. A programmer must've programmed in a round up error!!!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: DerbyDave
UK model 2020 Model S LR. 2023.2.10 actually drove me to register here ;)

- stuttering audio, Apple Music unresponsive
- car location on nav map frozen, catches up intermittently
- speedometer lags e.g. will show 33mph when stationary at a junction
- dashboard randomly illuminates all dummy lights, which is fun
- vampire drain of roughly 2%/day

Yesterday I could not adjust the suspension height and the ride is uncharacteristically hard when set to Auto. Have asked for a rollback to last major release but don't even know if that's possible. First time asking, second Model S. Humm.

Yesterday I could not adjust the suspension height and the ride is uncharacteristically hard when set to Auto. Have asked for a rollback to last major release but don't even know if that's possible. First time asking, second Model S. Humm.
ya mean, someone from customer service answered ??? you lucky man u !

yeah, before we could feed Tesla directly, but i guess they didin't like our tone, So they shut that s.... down. Tesla doesn't need our concerns.... :>