Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.2.10. 50 minutes update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I strongly recommend the new Nest Wifi Pro btw for mesh

STRONGLY agree here (for Pro model) as well.

Got one when Google had a 30% off sale to replace my prior gen Nest WiFi with built-in smart speaker. Amazing performance. I got the three pack, even though I didn't need it per specs - put one in home office, one on other side of house upstairs in master bed, and last downstairs in living room (next to garage for Tesla use) where I have all the internet & downstairs home theater stuff in closet rack system.

Only downside (for me sadly), was the new Nest doesn't have the built in Goggle Assistant (speaker & mic) so I had to also by three of the "Mini" ones when they were on sales for half off.

Reactions: zoomer0056
UK model 2020 Model S LR. 2023.2.10 actually drove me to register here ;)

- stuttering audio, Apple Music unresponsive
- car location on nav map frozen, catches up intermittently
- speedometer lags e.g. will show 33mph when stationary at a junction
- dashboard randomly illuminates all dummy lights, which is fun
- vampire drain of roughly 2%/day

Yesterday I could not adjust the suspension height and the ride is uncharacteristically hard when set to Auto. Have asked for a rollback to last major release but don't even know if that's possible. First time asking, second Model S. Humm.
Update: minor fix 2023.2.12 installed yesterday has addressed all the above

Reactions: zoomer0056
ya mean, someone from customer service answered ??? you lucky man u !

Heh. While I did ask, and ask nicely, nobody from Tesla ever got back to me on my list of 2023.2.10 grievances, and so for my own sanity I'm done with OTA software updates. It's gone from feeling like a cutting edge and necessary process to an unrewarding, often precarious waste of time.

It doesn't help that pre-refresh Model S and X hardware is on a fast track to nowhere i.e. no update of any worth is heading our way any time soon. An odd situation given my car isn't yet three years old and has already been sidelined as "legacy"!!