Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.2.10 update and seat heater icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed this in the release notes as my car is updating - "If you set your seat heaters to be in the vehicle's launcher, they will now display gray heat 'waves,' even when they're turned off".

Trying to recall what it does now - are the waves only there when "on"? If so I have a feeling this change will be a PITA for colour-blind me - reds don't pop like they do for "normals" so having positional as well as colour information was ideal, especially at a glance while driving.

Total first world problem but I wonder who on earth asked for this change and why?

They added two stage temp settings and the auto setting. So now the icon will have two grey lines when off and two red lines when on High. I can understand your frustration if you can’t see red. Tesla should leave the off icon with no lines, one line for low, two lines for high and the word auto over the one or two lines depending what setting auto is running at.

I can’t even remember but I think there are no waves when off prior to this latest 2023 update.

Not a great idea!

1A4CBE00-1803-4FD6-A101-C188882AABDC.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: richyrich
Just noticed this in the release notes as my car is updating - "If you set your seat heaters to be in the vehicle's launcher, they will now display gray heat 'waves,' even when they're turned off".

Trying to recall what it does now - are the waves only there when "on"? If so I have a feeling this change will be a PITA for colour-blind me - reds don't pop like they do for "normals" so having positional as well as colour information was ideal, especially at a glance while driving.

Total first world problem but I wonder who on earth asked for this change and why?
Great point. Dumb change. Tesla miraculously made the seat and steering wheel heaters look like they are always on to red/green color blind people.

Reactions: richyrich