Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.6.9 battery drain?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I recently took delivery of my 2023 M3SR about 3 weeks ago and loving it.

I usually receive some decent range from it, around 220 miles on a single charge (mostly highway driving).

I upgraded to 2023.6.9 yesterday, and noticed something other than the park assist having to be fine-tuned, which is the battery consumption has gone up a substantial amount.

First i noticed on my tesla app that the max range is now 271 instead of the usual 273 miles, while still plugged in the charger from overnight charging.

Secondly, i usually use about 10% each way to work, and noticed today it was about 15% each way. (Sunny day, no breeze, and around 45F for those wondering on the temperature, plus the car was pre-heated while plugged in).

Anyone else have this issue, let me know below.

I normally dont pay attention to "battery drain" threads but there are people posting about the energy app reporting higher than normal consumption, so it may be related. Like this thread below:

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Just provide your Wh/mi for the trips previously and the trips now. This directly, nearly 100% deterministically determines rated mile use.

Use the Energy screen tabs to see the large steps which can occur when parked.

All seems extremely normal.

There are many reasons for extremely small 10% differences in consumption on a daily basis. This is only 5.7kWh.

BMS estimates can easily correct by 2-3kWh on a daily basis. So that just leaves a couple kWh of slop which is easily splattered around on a given drive.

There are potentially issues with the energy app right now (limiting utility above perhaps) but to my knowledge they do not affect Wh/mi use or actual energy use (since this is just physics and the BMS system accuracy).

Reactions: Regaj
Hi all,

I recently took delivery of my 2023 M3SR about 3 weeks ago and loving it.

I usually receive some decent range from it, around 220 miles on a single charge (mostly highway driving).

I upgraded to 2023.6.9 yesterday, and noticed something other than the park assist having to be fine-tuned, which is the battery consumption has gone up a substantial amount.

First i noticed on my tesla app that the max range is now 271 instead of the usual 273 miles, while still plugged in the charger from overnight charging.

Secondly, i usually use about 10% each way to work, and noticed today it was about 15% each way. (Sunny day, no breeze, and around 45F for those wondering on the temperature, plus the car was pre-heated while plugged in).

Anyone else have this issue, let me know below.
I have noticed this as well, i updated Friday, and suddenly started hitting peaks in the 600-900 Wh/Mi on my monitor when i usually peak just shy of 400 when accelerating up a hill, and my average Wh/Mi over my 30 mi range went from around 255-265 to now near 390-400Wh/Mi. Though these have been short 5mile trips since the update, tomorrow im doing a normal 20 mile trip and will see how the range goes then

Heres my latest readings. Energy app is showing a higher consumption than the average Wh-Mi for the trips. It seems awfully high for a car with a brand new LFP battery and less than 4 weeks old.

Attachments

• IMG_1519.jpeg
    IMG_1519.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1520.jpeg
    IMG_1520.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 67