Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Cadillac LYRIQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The 2023 Cadillac Lyriq is the first pure electric vehicle (EV) from Cadillac. If Cadillac follows its current plan, it’s the first of a parade of them.

To say this is an important vehicle for Cadillac is a drastic understatement. It rides on the platform GM hopes to use for dozens of EVs from all of its brands and sets the tone for the future of America’s best-known luxury marque.

Does it hit its marks? Our Lyn Woodward got some time behind the wheel. Her take on the experience? Mixed, with praise for the handling and ride quality, along with some concerns about interior materials and user-friendliness. Watch the video for details.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I really like seeing some physical buttons in the interior! I do not like the ratio of battery size to range, but perhaps real world range will prove to actually be 300 miles which would make it not so bad. But a curb weight of 5,688lbs is pretty bad. Though I am that 0.1% of consumers who care about that!

Reactions: Gy2020
I really like seeing some physical buttons in the interior! I do not like the ratio of battery size to range, but perhaps real world range will prove to actually be 300 miles which would make it not so bad. But a curb weight of 5,688lbs is pretty bad. Though I am that 0.1% of consumers who care about that!
That weight is going to hinder performance with only 340 hp in the rear wheel drive version. Hopefully the later dual motor will have significantly more power and not too much more weight with bigger batteries.

Well, it has 19 speakers, massaging seats, a lot of sound insulation for a proper luxury vehicle.

• Funny
Reactions: Brando
I would be one who immediately searches for the curb weight first and foremost.

If you want a vehicle to handle well and be fun, start by reducing the curb weight. 🙂

A Bolt owner whose husband has some automotive connections posted pics of their home test drive on FB and short review. The audio system is worthy of the luxury tag. Model Y is my "minimum" standard these days for audio system quality and the Lyriq appears to be large step better.

The quietness and suspension definitely appeal to me more than the Ioniq 5 and to some extent the Genesis GV60.

For the price, I think it is a winner. Who knows if Cadillac can produce enough to even meet the meager allotment for 2023 model year.

Oh yeah... I have reservations/orders (with confirmed order code) for the RWD and AWD trims :)

Reactions: Ormond and Brando
The initial reviews are coming out now for the lyriq and they are all very positive. It's surprisingly priced closer to the model Y than I thought and they seemed to have really killed it on the interior as expected with a Cadillac.

I am not a buyer of crossover suvs or wagons but I understand the market likes them (families). This is a good entry into the ev market if they can make a lot of them and get them on the road. If I was someone considering a Y this is the competition and it is a more luxury vehicle. I would consider the Y a more sport vehicle.

Assuming Cadillac really is going to electrify the line like they say... An electric cts-E would be really nice next for the luxury sport sedan world. I am surprised by this vehicles price honestly.

Reactions: Gy2020