Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Chevy Bolt EV and EUV get $6,000 price cut, start at $25,600

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Chevy Bolt lineup is getting a massive price cut for 2023, dropping from $31,500 to $25,600 (before the $995 destination fee).

This means the Chevy Bolt will have a lower MSRP than the base model Nissan Leaf, though the Leaf still qualifies for the US federal EV incentive, whereas the Bolt does not.

The price cut comes across the entire model line, with every trim and model receiving a similar approximate $6,000 price cut. The upgraded Bolt 2LT trim starts at $28,800.

The Bolt EUV will start at $27,200 base price, and the EUV Premier is $31,700. Chevy has added a “Redline edition” trim to the EUV (and not the EV), which is mainly just an appearance package, and can be added on for $495.

Otherwise there are no significant changes to the underpinnings of the vehicle from the 2022 model. There’s a new color available, Radiant Red Tintcoat, at additional cost, and dealers will start selling front and rear floor liners.

Shortly after that, there's been this, as I posted elsewhere:
Related to the '23 Bolt price drops, there are reports that there's a $6300 or $5900 price cut on '22 via incentives. Google for $6300 discount 2022 bolt. These may be visible for you if you look at Bolt EV and EUV at Current Chevy Deals & Offers: New Car Deals. It is for me.
That's correct.

There's a $5,900 rebate for the 2022 Chevy Bolt EV and a $6,300 rebate for the 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.

GM doesn't want the 2022 models to sit on the lot while people wait for the 2023 models.

Reactions: cwerdna
That's correct.

There's a $5,900 rebate for the 2022 Chevy Bolt EV and a $6,300 rebate for the 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.

GM doesn't want the 2022 models to sit on the lot while people wait for the 2023 models.

When they cut the Volt price for the 2014 model, they had a large discount on the 2013s, but the difference was that the discounts were already in place ahead of the price cut.

Turning the rebate into an MSRP reduction is a bigger cut for people in states like mine where you pay sales tax (5.5%) before manufacturer rebates, and pay an excise tax/property tax on the MSRP (2.4% year 1, dropping to 0.4% year 6+), which total 14.15% over 10 years. So that $5,900 reduction would be worth an extra $835 to my normal pattern of 10 years ownership of a car..

Although the Bolt's "fast" charging is the worst of the long-range electrics, it's a good in-range car so the price cut certainly makes it worthy of consideration for that role.

The price reduction definitely brings it into greater consideration to replace our Volt, which will be 10 years old next year. Considered options would be
- Get a PHEV like the RAV4 Prime or used Gen 2 Volt. Would want an AER range that can cover my commute.
- Cheaper in-range BEV like a Bolt. Use our Kona EV as the long-range car.
- Spend more on a road-trippable BEV with faster charging

I plan to take a test drive on a cold winter Saturday to see if they've made the seats comfortable, and to check that winter heating is good.

Also helpful for us with the 2022+ is that they made the false floor standard. We have a use case that makes it helpful. It was previously in the Premier version, although the parts could be purchased and installed separately.

I plan to test it on a cold winter day to check seat comfort and heating. We rejected the 2020 Bolt because the seats were uncomfortable (both the cloth and leather) , but _supposedly_ they changed the seats for the 2022 model. COVID caused them to skip the 2021 model.

I haven't seen if they're changing the packages. Assuming packages are the same ...

Our minimum spec would be $28, because we'd want heated seats:
base (1LT) + destination
+ Comfort and Convenience package ($945): heated front seats with power driver seat, heated steering wheel, auto-dimming mirror (not Homelink)
+ (required for C&C package) Driver Confidence package ($495): rear backup assist, rear cross-traffic, blind-side warning

If people want adaptive cruise control it would be ~$30.8k
2LT + destination ($29,795):
+ Adaptive Cruise Control ($375)
+ (required for Adaptive Cruise Control) Infotainment Package ($595): Bose premium stereo, 1-phone wireless charger, 2 rear USB

If people want Supercruise, they have to get the EUV and it would be ~$34.9k
Premier + destination ($32,695)
+ Supercruise Package ($2,200)

Turning the rebate into an MSRP reduction is a bigger cut for people in states like mine where you pay sales tax (5.5%) before manufacturer rebates, and pay an excise tax/property tax on the MSRP (2.4% year 1, dropping to 0.4% year 6+), which total 14.15% over 10 years. So that $5,900 reduction would be worth an extra $835 to my normal pattern of 10 years ownership of a car..

Correction: 14.65% over 10 years in Maine. So $864 tax reduction over 10 years.

Our minimum spec would be $28, because we'd want heated seats:
base (1LT) + destination
+ Comfort and Convenience package ($945): heated front seats with power driver seat, heated steering wheel, auto-dimming mirror (not Homelink)
+ (required for C&C package) Driver Confidence package ($495): rear backup assist, rear cross-traffic, blind-side warning

If people want adaptive cruise control it would be ~$30.8k
2LT + destination ($29,795):
+ Adaptive Cruise Control ($375)
+ (required for Adaptive Cruise Control) Infotainment Package ($595): Bose premium stereo, 1-phone wireless charger, 2 rear USB
BTW 2LT is the "loaded" 1LT above plus
- leather seating
- surround camera view
- interior ambient lighting
- maybe I'm missing something else ...
- oh, rear center arm rest

If people want Supercruise, they have to get the EUV and it would be ~$34.9k
Premier + destination ($32,695)
+ Supercruise Package ($2,200)
EUV
- ~3" longer wheelbase, given to rear leg room; loses some on turning (19.2' v 17.4 '), rear hip room, rear head, overall cargo space, efficiency
- dual voltage 120V/240V (5-15, 14-50, max 32A) portable connector standard ($295 upgrade option with Bolt EV)
- ventilated front seats available (standard on Premier)
- Premier: heated rear seats
- Premier: 2-pane panoramic power sunroof available (Sun and Sound Package $2,495 - also has upgraded stereo)

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2 and RoBoRaT
Correction: 14.65% over 10 years in Maine. So $864 tax reduction over 10 years.

BTW 2LT is the "loaded" 1LT above plus
- leather seating
- surround camera view
- interior ambient lighting
- maybe I'm missing something else ...
- oh, rear center arm rest

EUV
- ~3" longer wheelbase, given to rear leg room; loses some on turning (19.2' v 17.4 '), rear hip room, rear head, overall cargo space, efficiency
- dual voltage 120V/240V (5-15, 14-50, max 32A) portable connector standard ($295 upgrade option with Bolt EV)
- ventilated front seats available (standard on Premier)
- Premier: heated rear seats
- Premier: 2-pane panoramic power sunroof available (Sun and Sound Package $2,495 - also has upgraded stereo)
Here's a Monroney for 2022 Bolt EUV Premium Launch Edition or as optioned.

Attachments

• window-sticker-6.pdf
    159.3 KB · Views: 76
  • window-sticker-9.pdf
    159.1 KB · Views: 70
That's correct.

My curiosity is about GM's long term plans for the Bolt. Will the 2023 Bolt, or perhaps 2024 Bolt, get the new Ultium battery tech? Indeed, does GM plan on continuing with the Bolt at all once other vehicles come out in the new platform using Ultium? It is not clear to me, but I have not seen signals that GM plans to continue on with the Bolt, or something equivalent, once they release Ultium. Which would be too bad, since I actually kinda like the Bolt. And I especially like the price!

My curiosity is about GM's long term plans for the Bolt. Will the 2023 Bolt, or perhaps 2024 Bolt, get the new Ultium battery tech? Indeed, does GM plan on continuing with the Bolt at all once other vehicles come out in the new platform using Ultium? It is not clear to me, but I have not seen signals that GM plans to continue on with the Bolt, or something equivalent, once they release Ultium. Which would be too bad, since I actually kinda like the Bolt. And I especially like the price!

My fear is that we end up with everything crossover and the hatchback disappears. From the 2020 we checked out, there didn't seem to be anything fundamentally wrong with the concept.

Reactions: tm1v2
This is really strange. With the current gas prices, chip shortage, and general inflation I would expect EV prices to go up across the board. How could these possibly not selling well at already low prices even before federal rebate?

I see this as a huge company just trying to compensate (at a loss) for a car which had every single copy of it recalled because they screwed up the battery pack (or actually their outsourced supplier did), and thus confidence in the thing is near 0.

A huge company can take a loss on an already small-volume product. That could mean a nice opportunity for a cheap city car for some folks. I don't think it's meaningful to overall industry price trends, which are going up due to battery and supply-chain constraints.

This is really strange. With the current gas prices, chip shortage, and general inflation I would expect EV prices to go up across the board. How could these possibly not selling well at already low prices even before federal rebate?

2022 ZEV credit requirement is 14.5%.
Just recovered from battery fire problems
Leaf S Plus and Kona price cuts.
Slowest DCFC of all long-range EVs
FWD, with the market now offering more AWD vehicles.
Subcompact hatchback, with the market now offering more compact crossovers
May be replaced by a new model in 2024/2025 timeframe.

Reactions: Hiline
Ah I was not aware this car had so many serious issues. Makes sense the manufacturer wants to run out the stock to discontinue the model altogether.

Also, yeah the Nissan Leaf is incredibly cheap. After rebates and tax credits it costs under 20k, and as low as 17k. The fuel cost savings over 4-5 years alone is worth as much.

And now we have the answer. GM announced today that it is cancelling the Bolt, ceasing production by the end of the year. Too bad, in my view, as there is room in the market for something like the Bolt, and I don’t think that GM’s current plans are for any replacement vehicle in the Bolt’s market segment.

And now we have the answer. GM announced today that it is cancelling the Bolt, ceasing production by the end of the year. Too bad, in my view, as there is room in the market for something like the Bolt, and I don’t think that GM’s current plans are for any replacement vehicle in the Bolt’s market segment.

Hints from Barra that they're looking into making a Boltium EUV (if not a Boltum hatchback).

Hopefully the response to low price + tax credit has told them there's a good market available for the car without doing any more than switch to the new battery tech.

If they could improve the DCFC, even if only to flatten the curve, that would be even better, but I think the main focus for it should be the low entry price.