Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Enhanced AutoPilot Missing Auto Park & Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2023 Model Y with Enhanced AutoPilot is missing Auto Park & Summons. The website does not list this as coming soon but as part of the package yet it does not appear in the autopilot menu to set up and does not even have the summon button on the app.

Finally got a hold of someone at the Service center and being told that Tesla will be transitioning back to the ultra sonic sensors as early as January and those cars will have Summon and Auto-Park but Tesla Vision did not qualify.

Now what? They charged 6K for enhanced autopilot that said had the features and not "coming soon" on the website and now this car will not have it at all?

Finally got a hold of someone at the Service center and being told that Tesla will be transitioning back to the ultra sonic sensors as early as January and those cars will have Summon and Auto-Park but Tesla Vision did not qualify.

Now what? They charged 6K for enhanced autopilot that said had the features and not "coming soon" on the website and now this car will not have it at all?

Until Tesla says that itself via an announcement, I would not believe anything someone at a service center says. They know less than most people here on TMC.

Reactions: 101dals
  • Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Looks like others are reporting same thing...

"Radar" is not Ultrasonic sensors, so those threads are not related in the slightest to what you mention.

Reactions: 101dals
They are calling it radar what should be ultra sonic sensors. Turning back means going to something they previously had which is exactly what the Service Center told me. Guess only time will tell. Very misleading that even now those features on the Tesla website do not say "Coming Soon" like other features. It reads as if it comes with it when purchased and it did not.

• Disagree
Reactions: ucmndd
They are calling it radar what should be ultra sonic sensors. Turning back means going to something they previously had which is exactly what the Service Center told me. Guess only time will tell. Very misleading that even now those features on the Tesla website do not say "Coming Soon" like other features. It reads as if it comes with it when purchased and it did not.

No, they actually arent. Radar and ultrasonic sensors are two completely separate things on the vehicle. Radar is a module that was used for full self driving / autopilot. Ultrasonic sensors are the discs in the bumper used for parking alerts / summon.

Thats what I pointed out. They are "CALLING" it radar but are referencing something they are bringing back that was on before.
Radar is much better than Ultra Sonic and faster as well but Tesla never had radar to "BRING BACK". The only thing removed was ultrasonic sensors which is what was told to me by the Tesla Service Center. Now they may be talking about a New Radar that appears to abandoned the current Tesla Vision that is not capable of AutoPark nor Summons. This new Radar maybe coming out as early as January.

What do you think of this letter?
FCC FIling.png

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Status
Not open for further replies.