Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 HW4/AP4 Model S Plaid Camera/AutoPilot Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, supposedly the last half shaft replacement was an "engineering sample" of a new part that was supposed to fix the issue. But, there's no evidence that it was any different and the service manager that suggested it is already gone.
Seems like another Tesla con job. Sorry they gave you/us false hope that they would fix their junk.
@WilliamG @Ramphex.

I picked up a 2023 MSLR a few weeks ago. Right off the lot the cameras never calibrated. Turns out the fish eye camera has a fault. Wondering why it was not caught at the factory. Now I’m waiting for a camera and mobile service. Initially they quoted me six weeks but I raised a stink and the manager called me and expedited things. Nice touch. Mobile service will be here next week. it is amazing what does not work if cameras do not calibrate, such as TACC, Autopilot, headlights are always on, cannot toggle high beams to stay on, the computer is tied up in a fault loop and the GPS lags in catching up with where i am, and if it doesn’t by the time I am home, Homelink will not work Of course parking assist is not available. I sure hope a camera replacement fixes things.

Now that Model Y is shipping with HW4, I am hoping all the bugs get worked out ASAP.. I feel like MS/X were the alpha testers for HW4..

Hope your problem gets resolved, I would have them check the camera coax routing to see if it's right and not putting pressure on the camera pushing it out of alignment.

Reactions: jebinc
I picked up a 2023 MSLR a few weeks ago. Right off the lot the cameras never calibrated. Turns out the fish eye camera has a fault. Wondering why it was not caught at the factory. Now I’m waiting for a camera and mobile service. Initially they quoted me six weeks but I raised a stink and the manager called me and expedited things. Nice touch. Mobile service will be here next week. it is amazing what does not work if cameras do not calibrate, such as TACC, Autopilot, headlights are always on, cannot toggle high beams to stay on, the computer is tied up in a fault loop and the GPS lags in catching up with where i am, and if it doesn’t by the time I am home, Homelink will not work Of course parking assist is not available. I sure hope a camera replacement fixes things.
Same issue here. picked up 2023 MXP two week ago. Cameras never calibrated. it's at service as i type this. i'll update this post once i hear back from them on the problem/fix, hopefully. same issues as you are having with GPS, sentry mode not working, no cruise control, etc.....

Same issue here. picked up 2023 MXP two week ago. Cameras never calibrated. it's at service as i type this. i'll update this post once i hear back from them on the problem/fix, hopefully. same issues as you are having with GPS, sentry mode not working, no cruise control, etc.....
keep this thread informed... interested to see / hear your root cause.

Interesting there is another thread for the new Y with HW4 same issue: HW4 - Model Y issues

Reactions: zoomer0056
Just found this thread after seeing the HW4 MY thread... I guess I am one of those with Camera pitch issues. Posting here to keep on record and track..

Dealing with this right now with my May 2023 built Model S Plaid. Had mobile service come out and "try" to address and failed. They rescheduled me to bring it into the service center. Can you share any specifics on what they did or maybe the invoice? I told them about the pressure on the cable and the mobile tech said that it didn't seem like the case. I can see in the service menu that the passenger side forward facing camera is pitched out lower than it should be. Just trying to get them to address swiftly as I have a feeling this can drag out. I appreciate your response on this.. Not sure if this is a known issues just yet with Tesla..

invoice says nothing of the sort. The service mgr told me the coax routing was wrong or pinched causing pressure/tension on the coax moving the camera out of pitch.. this was after replacing the camera assembly/cameras twice over two 2 week stints in the service center.

Update: Mobile tech came out and replaced fisheye camera but that did not fix it. I noticed that if the car is left in the sun and gets hot enough, Autopilot works, but quits again once the car cools down. Have service center appointment on July 3. Not feeling optimistic.