Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 M3 rwd and Myq

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased a new 2023 M3 rwd and it will arrive next week. Will the M3 need to be upgraded to have Myq compatibility? My chamberlain smart garage door opener is Myq compatible?

How do I connect my Tesla to my Chamberlain garage door opener?

On your Tesla center touchscreen, complete the following:
  1. Tap the Vehicle Settings Icon.
  2. Tap Locks.
  3. Under myQ Connected Garage, tap on Link Account.
  4. Using your mobile device, scan the QR code. ...
  5. Sign in using your login credentials. ...
  6. Review the Authorization Required screen and tap Authorize.

I just purchased a new 2023 M3 rwd and it will arrive next week. Will the M3 need to be upgraded to have Myq compatibility? My chamberlain smart garage door opener is Myq compatible?

How do I connect my Tesla to my Chamberlain garage door opener?

On your Tesla center touchscreen, complete the following:
  1. Tap the Vehicle Settings Icon.
  2. Tap Locks.
  3. Under myQ Connected Garage, tap on Link Account.
  4. Using your mobile device, scan the QR code. ...
  5. Sign in using your login credentials. ...
  6. Review the Authorization Required screen and tap Authorize.
I just found out the myQ controller is free when you sign up for trial. If you don't have compatible myQ garage now, just get the controller and it will work with just about any garage door because it's universal. I wish I found out before I bought it on amazon could of saved me $30. I just bought the subscription and loving it!

I could never get the MyQ Smart Garage Control to work, tried everything, was on the phone to support (fantastic person, btw) but nothing could keep the Control connected to the internet...had strong signal, etc. Would work for a few hours and disconnect, sometimes would open the garage but errors showed in the car and would not close. Too much unreliability when ALL my other devices (Nest, Ring, Arlo, Lutron) worked (and continue to work) perfectly...