Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model 3 Computer replaced 1 week after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So basically this is my first Tesla and I just got a model 3 2023. I know Tesla built quality is any thing but average but I figured after the model 3 being out for 5 years, I would be fine. I Picked the blue with the white interior and ceramic coated the seats according to various people with white interior to prevent dyes.

When I picked my car up the seat had a wrinkle (may not be an issue for some but for me this is my first 50k car) and was advised to schedule service. A few days later I had my cameras, cruise control, and navigation just stop working. I thought it was rain as Southern California had severe rain but it didn’t come back for days. I took it in to service for both issues and just got an update that my computer needs to be replaced.

Should I be worried that the computer getting replaced a week after I got my car? It has less than 800 miles so I’m concerned now for the longevity. I know it has the new Ryzen CPU.

Attachments

• 5199D624-A300-4616-B239-1BE1B86140A6.jpeg
    5199D624-A300-4616-B239-1BE1B86140A6.jpeg
    591.9 KB · Views: 168
So basically this is my first Tesla and I just got a model 3 2023. I know Tesla built quality is any thing but average but I figured after the model 3 being out for 5 years, I would be fine. I Picked the blue with the white interior and ceramic coated the seats according to various people with white interior to prevent dyes.

When I picked my car up the seat had a wrinkle (may not be an issue for some but for me this is my first 50k car) and was advised to schedule service. A few days later I had my cameras, cruise control, and navigation just stop working. I thought it was rain as Southern California had severe rain but it didn’t come back for days. I took it in to service for both issues and just got an update that my computer needs to be replaced.

Should I be worried that the computer getting replaced a week after I got my car? It has less than 800 miles so I’m concerned now for the longevity. I know it has the new Ryzen CPU.
Don't let this ruin the joy of your new Tesla. The computer failure is rare, for sure, but it does happen. Have you ever bought an electronic item that suffered infant mortality? This isn't much different. Modern manufacturing processes eliminate most of these instances, but there will never be truly zero defects, IMHO. They replaced the CPU, now go out and drive it like you stole it!

OK, the car should not have left the factory with the seat wrinkle... 😁

Have fun in your new ride!
😎

Don't let this ruin the joy of your new Tesla. The computer failure is rare, for sure, but it does happen. Have you ever bought an electronic item that suffered infant mortality? This isn't much different. Modern manufacturing processes eliminate most of these instances, but there will never be truly zero defects, IMHO. They replaced the CPU, now go out and drive it like you stole it!

OK, the car should not have left the factory with the seat wrinkle... 😁

Have fun in your new ride!
😎
Haha thank you I love it so far! They couldn’t get out the wrinkle so they replaced the whole seat but the technician damaged some parts of the car but they replaced it and fixed it right away. So far I’m impressed with their customer service!

Reactions: pipestem
I have a new 2023 Model Y Tesla and two later the computer had to be replaced. And now I have a problem with park assist. The car has been in the shop for 4 days. Tesla narrowed the problem down to wiring or computer. Not good.

I have a new 2023 Model Y Tesla and two later the computer had to be replaced. And now I have a problem with park assist. The car has been in the shop for 4 days. Tesla narrowed the problem down to wiring or computer. Not good.
Man that’s like how my situation was, however after replacing my computer I’m now at about 5800 miles and no problems so I guess good thing it happened early in life

How was your experience after the computer replacement? Did you notice any issues?