Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 model 3 RWD (November delivery) am i eligible for tax rebate/credit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I took delivery of my 2023 M3RWD in early November.. am i eligible for any tax rebates or credits? I can't seem to find any pertinent information on this. Now that Tesla is giving 7500 off and 10k super charger miles. I feel like those of us that took delivery in oct/nov got the short end of the stick.

Hello,

I took delivery of my 2023 M3RWD in early November.. am i eligible for any tax rebates or credits? I can't seem to find any pertinent information on this. Now that Tesla is giving 7500 off and 10k super charger miles. I feel like those of us that took delivery in oct/nov got the short end of the stick.
For 2022, the 200,00 EV sold cap is still enforced, so the answer to your question is no.

You know, it’s funny. Some folks see a price change and think “I got screwed!” Other folks think, “Dang, that’s awesome, should I get another one?!”

You were satisfied with the price enough at the time to make the purchase/lease, what changed? The car didn’t change.

What confuses me though is the news comes out about more hiring freeze and layoffs and then they also increase the incentives. Financially this all seems concerning. Or that they’re run by a nutter.

What confuses me though is the news comes out about more hiring freeze and layoffs and then they also increase the incentives. Financially this all seems concerning. Or that they’re run by a nutter.

Misc news outlets comment suggesting

• semi-typical Tesla year end push
  • price drop to encourage not waiting till 2023 for purchase
  • layoffs due to cash position concerns (Teetering Elon always Tweeting?)
etc

I had a friend at Tesla for years, recently left for Rivian (which he is overjoyed with so good there) who often worried about the chaos in management and quality issues that should have long been solved. I hope Tesla doesn't get crushed under the weight of current events but for the first time in a while, it would not surprise me.

I feel like those of us that took delivery in oct/nov got the short end of the stick.
Nothing like paying full price for something only to see it discounted shortly after you purchase it. This $7500 discount is actually better than the future tax credit. This reduces your sales tax and is instant instead of waiting till 2024 to file your taxes.

Reactions: Fiveseven108
And you get free supercharging miles so they can meet year end numbers...

1671732884822.png

I took delivery of my 2023 M3RWD in early November.. am i eligible for any tax rebates or credits? I can't seem to find any pertinent information on this.

Definitely not.
Not until Jan 1, 2023. For some. A lot of folks wont qualify for anything in 2023 either due to income limits.
On top of that, many Tesla vehicles wont qualify due to arbitrary price point maximums (cars under $55,000 and SUVs under $80,000).
On top of that component rules get tightened on Jan 1, 2024.

More here:

Now that Tesla is giving 7500 off and 10k super charger miles. I feel like those of us that took delivery in oct/nov got the short end of the stick.

True.
Tesla has gone through four (4) rounds of discounts in China, due to falling demand.
It's very likely there will be prices cuts in the US in 2023 as well.

Or not run at all, as the Chief Twat is preoccupied with other hobbies.

a

Hello,

How is you buying a car during a time when there was no rebate or discounts available, getting the short end of the stick? You got what you paid for. No company is going to honor a future promotion or discount well after you've purchased the product.