Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model 3 steering wheel (right button not working?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Has anyone experienced an issue where the right scroll wheel button doesn’t work when pressing right for changing the radio station or adjusting the right PS mirror? The left scroll wheel appears to be working fine but the right one has issues pressing right. Thanks in advance!

I think when you're in settings and adjusting mirrors, the right scroll wheel might control the right mirror, but I haven't touched those in years.

its the left scroll button for both:

====================

Mirrors​

Adjusting Exterior Mirrors​

Adjust the exterior mirrors by touching Controls > Mirrors. Press the left scroll button on the steering wheel to choose whether you are adjusting the Left or Right mirror. Then use the left scroll button as follows to adjust the selected mirror to its desired position:
  • To move the mirror up or down, roll the left scroll button up or down.
=========================

Based on what the OP has stated, there doesnt appear to be anything wrong with their steering wheel button, as the things they are trying to control with it are not things tied to that button

This is my parents car so I’m trying to help explain the issue. It appears that it’s the left scroll wheel that having issues.

1.pressing right doesn’t not skip to the next track
2. Cannot adjust the side mirror to the right. If you hold it down for like 3 seconds it does move so I don’t know what’s up with this thing.

Home down both buttons to restart still didn’t help. I think the next step is to call Tesla Mobile. Not sure how this failed QC.