Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model 3 without USS and proximity functionality [park assist / summon not available]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you actually seen the release notes, or are you basing it on a report from a hacker that there is some internal code included. (But from what I have seen hasn't been enabled, or exposed to the UI yet.)

I apologize - I misunderstood the article I’d read on Drive Tesla Canada:

Apparently the code is there, but it may not be available yet. This sucks:

Last edited:
Reactions: CharlieMY
I usually reverse park my car but this time I front parked. I scratch the bottom of the front bumper. And the USS never picked up close proximity the 4x4 that was on the ground.

So I feel ger pain.
I've scratched the front bumper more times than I can remember. The USS NEVER picks up the wheel stopper (or whatever it's called)

Last edited:
I have a 2023 M3RWD without USS. It was a very close call that I almost hit the object in the garage because I pull the car in the garage and though I still had space between the front bumper / hood and the object.

The software in my car is still pretty old - 28.300 and have not received an update yet. The car was picked up on 10/31 so it is about 14 days old.

(moderator note)

It would be nice if someone who took delivery recently without USS would let us know what, if any, disclosures they needed to acknowledge.
2023 MYLR delivered 10 Nov 2022, no USS, no disclosures or any guidance at all about park assist etc.

On my 2020 M3SR+, I used both the camera display on the right and the yellow/red measurement lines and distances on the left to back in our garage. Now on the MY, the left side is blank around the car avatar, no lines or measurements of course. Fortunately the cameras are enough to help (there’s usually also our other car there).

Attachments

• 31050376-420C-4938-94DC-029E0E88952F.jpeg
    31050376-420C-4938-94DC-029E0E88952F.jpeg
    393.4 KB · Views: 751
Last edited:
My wife is most upset as she was used to the 360 camera and sensors from our Mercedes.
Even my 2020 Chevy Bolt Premier had an amazing 360 view feature. Oh, and accurate rear cross traffic alerts for backing out since we sometimes can’t see past the neighbor’s car in their driveway.

But I back in and then pull out forward in the MY - she pulls her car forward in and backs out. We’re still looking at a 23 Bolt LT1 to replace her civic after Jan 1 and we’ll swap the charger each night.

Same story. Got my 2023 Y Performance on Thursday. No USS and had to sign disclaimer to take delivery (not much choice then). I find it annoying that no proximity sensors when parking. My wife is most upset as she was used to the 360 camera and sensors from our Mercedes.
You are the first to report signing a disclaimer (others said there was no such disclaimer). Are you able to post the text of the disclaimer?

I suggest refusing delivery if you need this feature. Tesla's delivery timeframe on features like this are often years, not months or weeks. I'm still waiting for the FSD I bought six years ago, and it's been "coming soon" ever since then.

I'm glad I dodged this bullet because I'd be in a rage the first time I bumped into something.

The new car shortage is almost over and Tesla's order backlog is much smaller now. Hopefully they will get the message that they can't just delete critical features like this.

Reactions: father_of_6
I suggest refusing delivery if you need this feature. Tesla's delivery timeframe on features like this are often years, not months or weeks. I'm still waiting for the FSD I bought six years ago, and it's been "coming soon" ever since then.

I'm glad I dodged this bullet because I'd be in a rage the first time I bumped into something.

The new car shortage is almost over and Tesla's order backlog is much smaller now. Hopefully they will get the message that they can't just delete critical features like this.

I agree with you, but I also am wondering if maybe the backlog will get longer again after January 1. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people put in orders to get the new federal tax rebate. In a country of 330 million, there could be be many thousands of people waiting until January to place an order.

FSD and Vision USS are different product. One is pratical day to day use for 99% people who don't care for FSD. And the other is a rich nich feature. Tesla knows the USS Vision is one feature people wants and its being worked on intensively (hopefully).

I asked my SA if I could delay my order until this feature restored I was told “This order cannot be placed on hold and this car will need to be delivered within 3 days of arrival.”

I’m going into the retail store tomorrow and ask again. If I’m told no and they cancel my order I think I have a good case for small claims court.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
FSD and Vision USS are different product. One is pratical day to day use for 99% people who don't care for FSD. And the other is a rich nich feature. Tesla knows the USS Vision is one feature people wants and its being worked on intensively (hopefully).

It's the same company that's been telling customers that FSD is 6 months away for six years and telling customers that Robotaxi is coming in 2020 that's now telling customers they are going to deliver this new feature in a reasonable timeframe.

Even if Tesla do deliver it, it will likely be half baked like many of their other features. Anyone tried Smart Summon lately? What about the AI gear selector that was promised in 2021? They never delivered that either.

Reactions: Falcon73
I asked my SA if I could delay my order until this feature restored I was told “This order cannot be placed on hold and this car will need to be delivered within 3 days of arrival.”

I’m going into the retail store tomorrow and ask again. If I’m told no and they cancel my order I think I have a good case for small claims court.
There are phases to the completion of consumer contracts, the invitation to treat, offer, acceptance and both parties exchanging something of value (the money and the goods). The contract will say when the contract completes and some say it is on delivery, subject to the order terms. Obviously, they have to return your deposit if you decide not to go ahead based on the change from what you initially put the deposit down for.

Below is what you would have likely agreed to in your order agreement.

Your Vehicle is priced and configured based on features and options available at the time of order. Options, features or hardware that are released or become available in production after you place your order or that remain subject to regulatory approval, may not be included in or available for your Vehicle at delivery and may only become available at a later time through software and/or hardware updates of the Vehicle.

For any changes that would materially affect your order, including changes to the range, speed or acceleraton of your vehicle that were shown at the time your order was placed, we will notify you about this change prior to delivery of your Vehicle and you may cancel your order within 14 days of such notification, in which case you will receive a full refund of any Order Fee you paid.

Last edited:
Reactions: EV Obsession