Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model 3 without USS and proximity functionality [park assist / summon not available]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2023 M3RWD without USS. It was a very close call that I almost hit the object in the garage because I pull the car in the garage and though I still had space between the front bumper / hood and the object.

The software in my car is still pretty old - 28.300 and have not received an update yet. The car was picked up on 10/31 so it is about 14 days old.
You literally need a sensor/camera at the very bottom of the bumper otherwise depending where you park you might hear a nice scrunch

No chance. The leaked catalog only showed a front radar. For the rear cross traffic, you also need two radar units (one on each corner), not just the center.
This is one of main complaints which does NOT qualify Tesla as safest car. You don't know how many times I've almost run over someone or got hit by a car flying by as I was backing out. No warning. One poster said to park face out. How do you part facing out in this situatioon?

// // // // //

==> One way

And on top of that my autopark does not work even on a parallel park anymore

This is one of main complaints which does NOT qualify Tesla as safest car. You don't know how many times I've almost run over someone or got hit by a car flying by as I was backing out. No warning. One poster said to park face out. How do you part facing out in this situatioon?

// // // // //

==> One way

And on top of that my autopark does not work even on a parallel park anymore
For angled parking there aren't the same blindspots, you can see directly where you are backing out into using the cameras, and typically it is one way traffic. It's the 90 degree ones where the rear cross traffic comes in.

Reactions: XPsionic
I trust you got your purchase discount for the missing functionality that ALL Teslas with USS have correct? Or did you just pay more while getting less?

Nope, took delivery on 11/30, so I'm taking it on the keyster, no different then any other mfg at the end of the year, sometimes you just miss the deals by a day. Cherry on top, I had them install my homelink module today when I was already a MyQ user.

I received my brand new Tesla Model 3 this week on a lease which I’m extremely happy about. I’ve purchased the Enhanced Autopilot and I’m based in the UK.

I expected to get Summon, Smart Summon and AutoPark but can’t see to see any options for these, nor have I managed to get AutoPark to come up when in a car park.

Am I doing something wrong?

The park distance functionality is already back. It came back last week with software 2022.40.4. I received a notification in the app yesterday asking me if I want to install 2022.40.4 - I’ve been busy with work so haven’t had a chance to install / test it yet, but the release notes show that the park distance functionality has returned for 2023 model cars that do not have USS (my model 3 is a 2023 that does not have USS).

As for auto park, summon, and smart summon, these features are still not added back yet in the new 2023 cars, according to the 2022.40.4 release notes. However, it only took Tesla a few weeks to add back the park distance, so hopefully it won’t take much longer before they add back the remaining missing features (summon, auto park, etc).
I just took possession of 2023 model Y on Dec 21st 2022, so disappointed to realize there is no help parking this car in my garage. I'm so disappointed and would have bought a different car if I had realized. They don't disclose the information and even though I watched a ton of you tube videos only one person mentioned there was no automatic stopping if something was behind the car. So, the park assist is not back as of December 2022. They aren't giving me any time frame as to when it will be available.

I’ve purchased the Enhanced Autopilot and I’m based in the UK.

I expected to get Summon, Smart Summon and AutoPark but can’t see to see any options for these, nor have I managed to get AutoPark to come up when in a car park.

I just took possession of 2023 model Y on Dec 21st 2022, so disappointed to realize there is no help parking this car in my garage. I'm so disappointed and would have bought a different car if I had realized. They don't disclose the information. They aren't giving me any time frame as to when it will be available.

Tesla's brand image of being cutting edge cool tech is going to quickly erode with tens of thousands of new Tesla owners realizing their brand new toys are missing features that many cheap cars have.
We could only hope that vision parking is going to be amazing and that it'll come out soon for you guy's sake. Can't imagine paying for EAP for self parking only for it not to work. It's not like EAP self parking was any good to begin with vs other brand...

Reactions: phishphan
The 2023 RWD we just brought home doesn't sound warning chimes when parking close to something. Is that because it doesn't have FSD capability??
I just bought the 2023 Y and had no idea there were no sensors, I had driven a 2022 as a test drive and assumed the 23 would be the same. I hate this car and can’t believe Tesla was so irresponsible to take the sensors out before the software was ready for the cameras. Don’t but this car until new software comes out and you can try it out. I’m afraid to drive mine as I don’t want to park places without the help of sensors and cameras. No camera in the front right now so when I pulled in my garage I almost hit the metal bar in the front. If I’m being honest I wish I had bought a different car.

I just bought the 2023 Y and had no idea there were no sensors, I had driven a 2022 as a test drive and assumed the 23 would be the same. I hate this car and can’t believe Tesla was so irresponsible to take the sensors out before the software was ready for the cameras. Don’t but this car until new software comes out and you can try it out. I’m afraid to drive mine as I don’t want to park places without the help of sensors and cameras. No camera in the front right now so when I pulled in my garage I almost hit the metal bar in the front. If I’m being honest I wish I had bought a different car.
You're in good company, many people are in the same situation.

There are workarounds. Start by parking conservatively, and start memorize your visual cues. For example I look at the side mirrors and what comes into view when I'm getting close. With this I can park easily in my usual parking places. Next I'll try backing into spaces, since the backward facing cameras are pretty helpful. The one I do miss is the side warning while backing up in a busy parking lot, from in between two cars. Then I hope for the kindness of others...

I was super upset about at first and I considered trading the car in for a slightly older MY. I'm sure it's possible, it's just another car transaction.

We can't really blame Tesla since we were all required to accept this via a warning in the app, including a list of features that will have to wait for later. ("coming soon")

I just took possession of 2023 model Y on Dec 21st 2022, so disappointed to realize there is no help parking this car in my garage. I'm so disappointed and would have bought a different car if I had realized. They don't disclose the information and even though I watched a ton of you tube videos only one person mentioned there was no automatic stopping if something was behind the car. So, the park assist is not back as of December 2022. They aren't giving me any time frame as to when it will be available.
Did you perhaps have an inventory vehicle? If you get a new VIN it is supposed to ask you to agree to a disclaimer that clearly says USS would be removed before assigning you one:
2023 Model 3 without USS and proximity functionality [park assist / summon not available]