Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model 3 without USS and proximity functionality [park assist / summon not available]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To my friends in France and Belgium. Here in the US I see people buy these rubber "sheets/drapes" that cover the read bumper

Example: Amazon.com : car rear bumper protector guard
I see drivers in NYC use this, don't know brand, just similar style
81Yf9+jAx5L._AC_UL640_QL65_.jpg

Reactions: Xoảiance
Damn... Took delivery of my SR M3 on 12/31 9pm.... I was hoping I can dip in to that $7500 tax credit... I wonder if they might be lenient or have a work around that when filing taxes. 😂🤣
Those sensors are like $114 xD

To anyone saying they don't see fuss around parking assist missing please pay fill attention to post rather than chip in with pointless opinions. Its the full suite not available such as auto park/summon along with park assist. Yes people for decades have been managing without but I got a Tesla for these "cool" automated features. At present these features are not avaible and that sucks with no info when they will return.

To anyone saying they don't see fuss around parking assist missing please pay fill attention to post rather than chip in with pointless opinions. Its the full suite not available such as auto park/summon along with park assist. Yes people for decades have been managing without but I got a Tesla for these "cool" automated features. At present these features are not avaible and that sucks with no info when they will return.
Those features are part of the paid upgrade (unless some got for free?) and rightfully so you should be mad.

Reactions: Bricktopshog
I took delivery of a 2023 Model Y last week. No USS, no proximity visualization or alerts, and no park assist or park assist chimes options in the settings where they are supposed to be.

I was not made aware of this, and did not have to sign disclosures. The USS' were pulled after I ordered mine last summer, so it is very poor customer service best case.

If this feature has been restored, please let me know. I'm afraid they want me to pay an extra $15k to get this basic feature.

Reactions: phishphan
I took delivery of a 2023 Model Y last week. No USS, no proximity visualization or alerts, and no park assist or park assist chimes options in the settings where they are supposed to be.

I was not made aware of this, and did not have to sign disclosures. The USS' were pulled after I ordered mine last summer, so it is very poor customer service best case.

If this feature has been restored, please let me know. I'm afraid they want me to pay an extra $15k to get this basic feature.
Everyone that took delivery of a car with no USS had to electronically acknowledge that parking assist functionality would be limited.

• Disagree
Reactions: bhzmark
I'm skeptical. There was a pretty "in your face" pop-up in the app while it was on order to acknowledge the removal of them. They would have had to screw up things pretty good to have some owners not receive that prompt. Not saying it didn't happen, but skeptical that someone didn't receive it vs quickly clicking through it.
I remember reading those that bought an inventory car might not be shown that message because they didn't go through the normal order process. However, this haven't been very solidly verified. As you say, it could be people just skipped through the message, like they do a lot of times.

I'm skeptical. There was a pretty "in your face" pop-up in the app while it was on order to acknowledge the removal of them. They would have had to screw up things pretty good to have some owners not receive that prompt. Not saying it didn't happen, but skeptical that someone didn't receive it vs quickly clicking through it.
Definitely no in your face pop ups, or strongly worded warnings. There may have been some large text waivers that I took to mean auto park. My wife and I both read everything. But how would you say "Substantial safety and usability features have been removed prior to having any solution to replace them, please acknowledge that this is fine..."

My primary concern now is, am I going to have to pay $15k for the enhanced autopilot to get these back if/when they replace them?

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Definitely no in your face pop ups, or strongly worded warnings. There may have been some large text waivers that I took to mean auto park. My wife and I both read everything. But how would you say "Substantial safety and usability features have been removed prior to having any solution to replace them, please acknowledge that this is fine..."

My primary concern now is, am I going to have to pay $15k for the enhanced autopilot to get these back if/when they replace them?
No, park assist (= the car tells you how far you are from objects below 5mph) comes standard with all Tesla cars. Whenever the Tesla Vision park assist features come online, you will get them too. Summon/autopark etcetera is a different matter.

No, park assist (= the car tells you how far you are from objects below 5mph) comes standard with all Tesla cars. Whenever the Tesla Vision park assist features come online, you will get them too. Summon/autopark etcetera is a different matter.
[No, park assist (= the car tells you how far you are from objects below 5mph) comes standard with all Tesla cars]

I am not aware of "comes standard with all Tesla cars..."
Please educate me. Where/How to set it up in MYLR 2023
Enjoy yours

Reactions: pilotSteve

When i ordered mine back in June there was nothing that said USS was being removed.

When i made payment there was no warning .

When i arranged pickup there was no warning at all ( despite other people having to accept via the app )

The only difference is, a tesla representative rang me to arrange the date instead of me selecting it via the app .

That being said, not to fussed at the moment. If they are pushing every one over to "Tesla Vision" eventually id rather not have redundant sensors sitting in the bumper !

I ordered a Model 3 with standard Auto Pilot last week.

So does not impact me correct because I didn't buy the feature with Park Assist? However, when parking my car it will let me know that I'm too close correct?