Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model 3 without USS and proximity functionality [park assist / summon not available]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't get it. I bought mine on 3/1, and I'm still at 2022.45.200 :-(
Probably because I applied for the FSDb? I do want the beta.
Yes, if you want FSDb you need to stay on a 2022 software update. If you've requested beta then I don't think it will push you any of the 2023 updates. So you won't get a park assist update until FSDb gets an update to move it onto the 2023 track of updates.
Your current 2022.45.200 is a factory FW. I think Beta was held back to new customers until they implemented the safety fixes. Now that they have and they are now starting to roll the latest beta to more of the fleet, you will likely get the beta update in the next week or two. But that won't get you park assist unless Tesla releases a new 2023 version.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Yes, if you want FSDb you need to stay on a 2022 software update. If you've requested beta then I don't think it will push you any of the 2023 updates. So you won't get a park assist update until FSDb gets an update to move it onto the 2023 track of updates.
Your current 2022.45.200 is a factory FW. I think Beta was held back to new customers until they implemented the safety fixes. Now that they have and they are now starting to roll the latest beta to more of the fleet, you will likely get the beta update in the next week or two. But that won't get you park assist unless Tesla releases a new 2023 version.
Posting here worked! 11.3.5 is installing now.

how the hell would they ever be able to give auto park to cars without the USS but bought EAP/FSD. auto park would not work with cameras only
I don't see how they will ever pull this off. But then again, Tesla's auto park hardly works with USS cars so I guess either way you shouldn't be paying for EAP or FSD if it is the parking features you are after. Only buy those if you want the lane change/navigateAP features.

Reactions: XPsionic
Back in my day we actually knew how to park cars ourselves. with no backup camera or sensors. Never had a single scratch or dent anywhere. Except one time when I was 15 learning how to drive and she tapped the wall; Still not even a scratch because the bumpers back then were solid chrome plated vanadium steel.

Reactions: herrhosko
Latest 2023.12.x update made vision parking startup much faster. Since I own both a USS and Vision car, I can now say I prefer vision parking. Curbs can be a little dicey but USS never saw them anyway. For parallel parking, the vision occupancy grid makes it much easier to square up with the curb.
Same here 2023 Model Y performance . Cant complain at all it works perfectly fine for me. Although i can agree it needs a bit of tuning and the wiggly lines need to chill out a bit. Also when parking in my garage next to my jet ski it says it’s just a car silhouette not a silhouette of a jet ski. so they need to add jet ski recognition to the stack.

Reactions: enemji
Same here 2023 Model Y performance . Cant complain at all it works perfectly fine for me. Although i can agree it needs a bit of tuning and the wiggly lines need to chill out a bit. Also when parking in my garage next to my jet ski it says it’s just a car silhouette not a silhouette of a jet ski. so they need to add jet ski recognition to the stack.
That's just AP. Both of my cars have the 'garage semi truck' that appears when the refrigerator comes into view. The line squiggles are to be expected because it's neural net based, the vectors fall through and bounce off each layer until you get an output. Slightly different input gets slightly different output, so there's a balance between non jittery lines and up to date ones. I imagine this will get better but I would rather have the squiggles than something so dumbed down as to be useless.

Hello Tesla club , just bought model 3 standard range . About 4 day back it bought monthly prescription for FSD . After a lot lot of research I couldn’t found any solution . When I look up in the software info , it does say - full self driving computer . But when I go to auto pilot , it doesn’t let me check the option for FSD , also I don’t see the option for summon . Says software is up to date .
Any ideas ? Thanks for time

also I don’t see the option for summon . Says software is up to date .
Summon isn't currently available on new 2023 vehicles: Tesla Vision Update: Replacing Ultrasonic Sensors with Tesla Vision | Tesla Support

For a short period of time during this transition, Tesla Vision vehicles that are not equipped with USS will be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, including:
  • Park Assist: alerts you of surrounding objects when the vehicle is traveling <5 mph.
  • Autopark: automatically maneuvers into parallel or perpendicular parking spaces.
  • Summon: manually moves your vehicle forward or in reverse via the Tesla app.
  • Smart Summon: navigates your vehicle to your location or location of your choice via the Tesla app.

I think Park Assist has been made available, but the other three are still delayed.

I don't see how they will ever pull this off. But then again, Tesla's auto park hardly works with USS cars so I guess either way you shouldn't be paying for EAP or FSD if it is the parking features you are after. Only buy those if you want the lane change/navigateAP features.
I thought the last FSD update improved autopark & summons? I think they de-activated the USS approx a 6 months ago, there might of been a camera conflict w/USS & FSD ?? Summons use to work good prior to FSD, but I do see an improvement with the last update.