Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model X Key FOB will not pair - New FOBS purchased from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My fobs ("fob" is not written in all capital letters) had a little plastic strip sticking out of the battery compartment to prevent operation. You're supposed to pull that strip out before trying to use the fob, did you do that?

Bruce.

I bought a new fob from Tesla for my new 2023 MS, followed instructions for adding fob as a key, the car chimed when pairing was complete. I've done this twice. Chimed both times. But fob doesn't work. I've tried pressing to open the trunk, frunk, and unlock. This is my third MS, I know how fobs work. I'm curious why the car chimed when pairing was complete but the fob doesn't work... Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I bought a new fob from Tesla for my new 2023 MS, followed instructions for adding fob as a key, the car chimed when pairing was complete. I've done this twice. Chimed both times. But fob doesn't work. I've tried pressing to open the trunk, frunk, and unlock. This is my third MS, I know how fobs work. I'm curious why the car chimed when pairing was complete but the fob doesn't work... Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
I'm logged into my Tesla account and went to the Shop under Model S and went to the details section of the Model S Key Fob. It says "Note: Compatible with Model S vehicles produced in 2021+." My Model S is a 2023. But, on the top, it also says "Accessory is not compatible with any of your vehicles". I do not remember this being there when I order the fob... I'm just wondering why it has both these statements when I'm logged into my account and it clearly shows my 2023 Model S as my car. Curious...

Return the FOB you bought online- obviously the web site is not up to speed to get the right part number. Contact the service center- give them your serial number and ask them to order you the proper FOB to match the 2023 Model S. Part numbers are specific to the NFC transmitter/receiver installed in your car. Good luck- we tried 3 different FOBS that were on the shelf and none worked. Once we got with the service advisor- got it solved in 14 days

Return the FOB you bought online- obviously the web site is not up to speed to get the right part number. Contact the service center- give them your serial number and ask them to order you the proper FOB to match the 2023 Model S. Part numbers are specific to the NFC transmitter/receiver installed in your car. Good luck- we tried 3 different FOBS that were on the shelf and none worked. Once we got with the service advisor- got it solved in 14 days
Thanks very much!

I'm currently trying to get one that works with my new model X through service. The website is very confusing. It says it works for 2021+, but as others said it says it doesn't work with mine. Why does my model X take so long to respond to my phone key?? Had the same problem with my Y originally, but an update to App or car in the last year now makes it work with the Y almost immediately.

I'm a new member. How to I Like a post or a reply that I find useful?