Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model X with Tesla Logo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my 2023 MX on 12/23. It's a black, 6 seat. The vehicle got some build issues but I picked up anyway and will have Tesla to fix those later.
My MX has the Tesla logo in the back together with the name TESLA. I saw the new 2023 MX do not have the Logo, just the name. Is my the 2023
or it's actually an older model that they sold me as 2023. Something rather fishy here.

Thank for for any inputs.

7SAX#####PF######

2023 VIN will have P on the 10th character/digit.

Tesla implements changes to their cars at anytime and not by year model.

And while u are at it, check this out:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I picked up my 2023 MX on 12/23. It's a black, 6 seat. The vehicle got some build issues but I picked up anyway and will have Tesla to fix those later.
My MX has the Tesla logo in the back together with the name TESLA. I saw the new 2023 MX do not have the Logo, just the name. Is my the 2023
or it's actually an older model that they sold me as 2023. Something rather fishy here.

Pix?

Upvote 0
It was changed recently. You can see from the Model X order page - no Tesla T and with chrome TESLA letters.
Screenshot_20230126_213423_Samsung Internet.jpg

Upvote 0

So which do you prefer? The rear logo is plastic, and just stuck on the surface with sticky tape. Easily removed if you don't like it. Mine actually fell off once after the wrap shop removed it to paint it black.

The door jamb stickers and/or the VIN will tell you when your car was built.

Upvote 0
My 2023 MS only has the T logo. They did away with the word strip. Made sense to me. The MX without the logo seems odd. My $.02.
I believe OP was referring to the T E S L A above the license plate, embossed into the black trim across the back (which I use to locate the hatch release button, directly under the S).

But TBH, I always take the graphics on the configuration page with a grain of salt. Just because the pix do not show the rear T logo, does not necessarily mean it is not on the cars, FWIW

Upvote 0
The applique with the letters was there before, but everything (including the letters) was glossy black. It looks like the letters are some other color now.
Bruce.
Ick! I can go either way with the Tesla T. I painted mine black (on my yellow X), but not having it is fine w me. But the highlighted lettering is really awful IMO. Much prefer the black on black.

Reactions: bmah
Upvote 0
Ick! I can go either way with the Tesla T. I painted mine black (on my yellow X), but not having it is fine w me. But the highlighted lettering is really awful IMO. Much prefer the black on black.

I think it depends a lot on what the body color of your car is, but in any case I presume changing the appliqué isn't too hard.

My Model X is MSM (a.k.a. "gray"), and it looks great without the chrome T logo. As it came from the factory, the T was the only piece of chrome on the back end of the car and it stood out like a sore thumb. Chrome on my old silver Model S looks pretty OK to me.

Bruce.

Upvote 0