Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you guys think is the best color to order on the Model Y with the Gemini wheels?

Keeping the wheels as-is (no painting or dipping) and am trying to decide between exterior colors Black and MSM. I’ve heard black is hard to maintain and not metallic like the MSM. Both look awesome to me with Gemini wheels so would love input!

I am going with black interior.

I recommend MSM. It's a great color.

I also recommend getting black wheel covers. There several threads about them:

This post shows a MSM MY with the black wheel covers. Scroll down for more.

Yes, the Gemini wheels look better than the stock aero covers but IMO the black covers look much better than the Gemini wheels. I think this is the best single thing you can do to improve the look of the car.

Reactions: dvlsd
Upvote 0
I recommend MSM. It's a great color.

I also recommend getting black wheel covers. There several threads about them:

This post shows a MSM MY with the black wheel covers. Scroll down for more.

Yes, the Gemini wheels look better than the stock aero covers but IMO the black covers look much better than the Gemini wheels. I think this is the best single thing you can do to improve the look of the car.
Thanks for sharing. I actually really like the regular color of the stock Gemini wheels. Looking to see what people think is the best color with those as-is. Black or MSM both looks awesome but I’ve heard mixed things about black Tesla paint.

Upvote 0
Black.

Lose the Gemini wheel covers and replace with Rimetrix, or something like that.
Go with Xpel UV window tint & PPF if in budget

My grandson named mine "Vader".
Instead of wasting $200 on rimetrix hubcaps, why not just spraypaint be rims as a cheaper option. The color is Carbon Mist for exact match as the Uberturbines made by Krylon paint. Good luck and let us know which direction you went.

Reactions: dvlsd
Upvote 0
Instead of wasting $200 on rimetrix hubcaps, why not just spraypaint be rims as a cheaper option. The color is Carbon Mist for exact match as the Uberturbines made by Krylon paint. Good luck and let us know which direction you went.

Buying a $60k and spray painting parts to save a few bucks is not for me.

While I'm at it, the OP (which you're not), might also want to "waste" money on ppf.
Or maybe he can spray that on too.

Reactions: imperialhippy
Upvote 0
Not sure where these responses are going given I don’t want to do anything with the wheel, but I’d appreciate any response to the original question :)

What color do folks think matches best with the original Gemini wheel? Black or MSM?
20230203_002746.jpg

Upvote 0
Red, you either love it or hate it. Not one of your choices but here it is with the stock Gemini. I'm a little upset with myself because I hated the stock hubcaps but quite liked this look. But I let my friends talk me into black wheel covers.

Tried the wheel covers for a few months, figured the efficiency gains weren't a terrible thing (I drive a lot of hwy). In the fall I decided I was going back to this for next year. Except.... the hub caps marked up my wheels. Like they either need to be covered back up or refinished :-(

If you're going to go capless - do it as soon as possible. The tires are balanced well, running smooth and wearing nicely. I'm not really keen on breaking them apart to refinish or replacing them yet :-( I might be stuck with hubcaps for another summer or 2 until I wear out the OEM tires and I need new rubber anyways.

1706374205169.png

Reactions: KMC_307
Upvote 0
Red, you either love it or hate it. Not one of your choices but here it is with the stock Gemini. I'm a little upset with myself because I hated the stock hubcaps but quite liked this look. But I let my friends talk me into black wheel covers.

Tried the wheel covers for a few months, figured the efficiency gains weren't a terrible thing (I drive a lot of hwy). In the fall I decided I was going back to this for next year. Except.... the hub caps marked up my wheels. Like they either need to be covered back up or refinished :-(

If you're going to go capless - do it as soon as possible. The tires are balanced well, running smooth and wearing nicely. I'm not really keen on breaking them apart to refinish or replacing them yet :-( I might be stuck with hubcaps for another summer or 2 until I wear out the OEM tires and I need new rubber anyways.

View attachment 1012734
IMG_4444.jpeg

I’m 100% with you 😅

Upvote 0