Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got another update. Looks like will be ready for delivery soon:

I do have a question to the forum. I am trying to get financing from a Credit Union in NY, but it's still in the process of getting approved.
I am expecting to be approved this week. However, Tesla may happen to be ready for delivery before that happens. What happens in this scenario?
I am hoping Tesla can wait a short amount of time for the financial stars to align. I don't really want to pay much higher Tesla rate.

Here is my full history:
MYLR Black / White 5-seater / 19" gemini
Staten Island, NY
OD - 01/26/23
01/26 EDD - 03/10 - 03/31 (no VIN)
02/14 EDD - 04/08 - 05/20 (no VIN)
02/23 EDD - 03/24 - 03/31 (no VIN)
02/28 EDD - 04/11 - 05/16 (no VIN)
04/04 EDD - 04/16 - 04/22 (VIN assiged) 7SAY (Austin)
04/09 EDD - 04/13 - 04/22 (VIN assiged) 7SAY (Austin)
Just an update to my situation above, I did get my load approved today.
My delivery date came in earlier this week and I had a 3 day window to pick up the car.
Apr 16 - Apr 18. I chose 18th, since I wanted most time for the approval to happen.
I did call the delivery center (Brooklyn NY), and they were easy to reach and helpful.
They did say they would be able to grant 1 more day grace period in a worst case scenario.
Looks like I will be good for Apr 18th.

Reactions: MоdelPleb
Just an update to my situation above, I did get my load approved today.
My delivery date came in earlier this week and I had a 3 day window to pick up the car.
Apr 16 - Apr 18. I chose 18th, since I wanted most time for the approval to happen.
I did call the delivery center (Brooklyn NY), and they were easy to reach and helpful.
They did say they would be able to grant 1 more day grace period in a worst case scenario.
Looks like I will be good for Apr 18th.
Congrats !

Newbie here and seriously mad. I ordered a Model Y LR, white/white on Jan 18. No other options, no trade in, no financing. I live 200 miles North of GigaTexas. My estimated date was January-March 31. When March 31 arrived the app just kept pushing my expected date forward ten days and over a month later, it's still doing that. I tried to call my local dealer but was transferred to a call center instead. They said I could apply for "priority" and maybe I'd get it. Silence. I've seen several cars of my configuration going to dealers across the country with no owners. I just think this is unimaginably bad customer service. I ordered a Porsche from Stuttgart some years ago, got it within the promised 6 weeks, and received frequent updates on its manufacture and shipping. Is anyone else experiencing this?

A 2-week EDD is a good sign. A VIN should be coming soon.
And sure enough I got the VIN today and things are moving fast. So it’s a Fremont build and I’m taking delivery in Fife,WA (Tacoma) and the 2 delivery choices I have are this Friday and Saturday. The purchase agreement has Seattle Tesla as the agency and the car is listed as having 15 miles. Hmmm. Is Seattle the default for PNW service centers as a point address for financing? Why 15 miles when I see most are like 3 miles? Could this have been rejected previously? Could it have shipped that fast or was it lingering around the northwest?

My MYLR OD was 3/14 and my current EDD is 5/21-6/25. Live in MA and don’t see any available inventory. Can I expect a longer wait living in the northeast? Been checking inventory for a while and it’s been very limited.

My MYLR OD was 3/14 and my current EDD is 5/21-6/25. Live in MA and don’t see any available inventory. Can I expect a longer wait living in the northeast? Been checking inventory for a while and it’s been very limited.
Good Luck! I ordered 1/30 in Boston and hopefully I’ll get the car this Saturday. It depends a lot on the configuration: 19” Gemini takes a long time.

Reactions: MоdelPleb