Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fingers crossed for my 7500, still showing 2/8-3/8
Coal country boy has spoken, and he wants to take our money....

Pretty sure Tesla (At least in LR/P configs) is the most american made EV available, if they don't qualify then nobody will. I think this is meant to affect cars like the standard M3 where the car is assembled here but the battery is chinese sourced.

Ordered on 1/23: MYLR, 7 seats, white/black interior, tow hitch, 19", blue color. EDD 3/18 - 3/31
Change today: to Midnight Silver Metallic Paint.. this has not changed the delivery date (yet?), still shows 2nd half of March.
Delivery to Denver, CO.

One Tesla sales person mentioned that the new IRS changes that are coming in March would only disqualify some Tesla M3 models like Standard range that are made in China.

For any black/black folks, here's my update:

5th update

Black/Black MYLR w/ 19"
OD: 1/13
EDD: 1/15-1/22
VIN assignment: 1/13
First Delivery Date: 1/15; Rejected because the MYLR was in terrible shape in exterior, had obviously been rejected by multiple people, had scratches, scrapes all over, Austin Build, PA044xxx VIN.
VIN: Cancelled 1/15 (Rejected delivery in person).
VIN: Same VIN reissued 1/15 and gave me 48 hrs to schedule delivery. Did not reschedule delivery for same PA044xxx VIN obviously.
EDD: 1/17-1/24 as of 6pm 1/17, awaiting (hopefully) new VIN.
EDD: 1/28-2/11 as of Wednesday 1/18 4PM, awaiting hopefully new VIN.
VIN: Assigned, New VIN, PF660xxx, Fremont VIN (Assigned 1/22)
EDD: 2/4-2/11 (Updated 1/22)
TXT: Texted SA 1/27 to ask where my car is and they said it's still in transit from Fremont.
DD: Delivery Date Set, Feb 8-10 was the range available. Set delivery date for Feb 8, Vienna/Tysons Corner Delivery Center

I am encouraged by the mid-January orders in this post getting VINs and delivery dates. I ordered blue/black MYLR on 1/17 and still waiting for VIN. Delivery date has not changed from 3/4-3/31. I keep checking the app 10x a day. 😀

I am encouraged by the mid-January orders in this post getting VINs and delivery dates. I ordered blue/black MYLR on 1/17 and still waiting for VIN. Delivery date has not changed from 3/4-3/31. I keep checking the app 10x a day. 😀
I have ordered on 01/23 and has not see any updates too. I wouldn't not worry after hearing lots of issues and cheap quality on lower price.
I reached out to customer service and some are jerks there too. There are many more Japanese EV coming out starting next year who has slick looks and better quality for sure.
I am thinking to go with them if not got by March credit ends.

I have ordered on 01/23 and has not see any updates too. I wouldn't not worry after hearing lots of issues and cheap quality on lower price.
I reached out to customer service and some are jerks there too. There are many more Japanese EV coming out starting next year who has slick looks and better quality for sure.
I have shopped just about every EV on the market before ultimately ordering the MYLR. The conclusion I have come to is every car has examples of flaws and quality issues and occasional poor service. For comparison, check out some of the VW ID4 forums someday and the way they discuss their issues. Yikes.

Same here - ordered 01/24 and nothing about a VIN; still the default Feb/Mar. I will cancel if it takes too long and miss 1/2 the credit. No rush to buy as the car market is falling this year. Price will stay below 55K so they get the partial credit and some state credits so no rush.

Reactions: Nen81