Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those standard range RWD models are sneaky... I almost did the same thing myself from the "manage" page.

However, your spot with EDD is 2/26-3/31 can potentially have you missing out on 3750 tax rebate.

So think hard before you give up the RWD version.

In terms of range, it is pretty much the same. MYLR charged to recommended 80% level is only 264 miles of range, while the RWD charged to recommended 100% is 269 miles

On the long trips, you anyway would have great supercharger support, so probably it will be an extra 20 min in a 5 hr trip.

Get the AWD MYLR only if
(a) You are willing to take the 3750 risk, and
(B) Only if AWD is important for you as compared to RWD

On the plus side, the RWD might be able to pull some donuts that MYLR can't
You are mixing up 4680 with LFP. 4680 is same chemistry as 2170 and therefore the same charge recommendation. LFP is in M3 RWD and overseas MY RWD.

Reactions: WetzelPretzel
Those standard range RWD models are sneaky... I almost did the same thing myself from the "manage" page.

However, your spot with EDD is 2/26-3/31 can potentially have you missing out on 3750 tax rebate.

In terms of range, it is pretty much the same. MYLR charged to recommended 80% level is only 264 miles of range, while the RWD charged to recommended 100% is 269 miles

On the long trips, you anyway would have great supercharger support, so probably it will be an extra 20 min in a 5 hr trip.

Get the AWD MYLR only if

They’re not RWD, all of the ones that came out yesterday are AWD.

The standard range AWD has a range of 279 miles and dropped to 269 because of the 20” Induction wheels.

The standard range RWD has an even lower mileage range of 244, and would be even cheaper if available.

Get the AWD MYLR only if

Hi, Thank you for reply. So even that sneaky model was AWD and not RWD. I checked my order.
I went to the Tesla store again today and they were able to change it back and put my order on Hold until tomorrow. They told me if they dont put it on hold for a day, same VIN from non LR might be re-assigned.

As of now i received email with my MYLR config and tomorrow when hold lifts off i will be bale to see my delivery date estimate. I deff need long range because my last two cars i drove 24k in 6 months and 64k in 19 months.

Anyone out there with OD - 1/14 still no VIN assigned ?

My
ODD : 1/14,
MYLR White/black/19
Original EDD - Jan - Mar
Update EDD (Guess 1/18) - Feb 05 -Mar 05
Changed the color to Silver ( 1/31) , EDD still Feb 05 -Mar 05.
Delivery Location : Saint Louis, MO
Still waiting for VIN....

ODD : 1/14,
MYLR Blue/white/19
Original EDD - Jan - Mar
Update EDD - Feb 13 -Mar 13
Delivery Location : Long Island, NY
LGI 🏒

With the new classification of the Model Y, anyone considering switching to a MYP? Been going back and forth but not sure if this will push my EDD out further then it already is..

Currently Mar 12-31, no VIN assigned.
I just purchased a MYP in stock. Will hold the LR reservation for now to see where prices go. I believe they prioritize MYP orders, people were getting EDDs within 1-2 weeks of ordering.

Reactions: vinmyl5bw
Given the new classification of the MYP, I just requested an upgrade to MYP. I had to call Customer Support as I could no longer edit my order from my account. The Customer Service Assistant submitted a request for my upgrade and she said they have been getting a ton of these requests today. Should have confirmation within a few hours that the change has been made!

Given the new classification of the MYP, I just requested an upgrade to MYP. I had to call Customer Support as I could no longer edit my order from my account. The Customer Service Assistant submitted a request for my upgrade and she said they have been getting a ton of these requests today. Should have confirmation within a few hours that the change has been made!
Did the same!

Anyone change their MYLR to the MYP and see a faster EDD? Currently at a 3/1-3/31 EDD for my order placed on 1/23 in CA. Current build is LR/white/b&w/19 no additional options, thinking of going to P/white/b&w/tow hitch now that it qualifies for the credit, but only if the EDD is closed to 3/1.

Anyone change their MYLR to the MYP and see a faster EDD? Currently at a 3/1-3/31 EDD for my order placed on 1/23 in CA. Current build is LR/white/b&w/19 no additional options, thinking of going to P/white/b&w/tow hitch now that it qualifies for the credit, but only if the EDD is closed to 3/1.
I changed mine and don't have any change to my EDD. Before/after I changed my order, it still says 2/9-3/9.