Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is our Long Range Model Y delivery timeline. Midnight Silver Metallic with Black interior. The initial order was placed at the end of May, 2022 with the estimated delivery range of February-May, 2023. When the wait times started to shrink, we put the order on hold until February, since we didn't plan on getting a new car until February 2023.
  • 01/13/2023 - Received revised pricing for the order on hold
  • 01/25/2023 - Removed the hold
  • 01/25/2023 - Within hours received an Austin VIN with EDD of February 1 - February 10
  • 02/07/2023 - Our scheduled delivery date
My understanding is that the car has already arrived this weekend. But they can't deliver it until Tuesday: they are too busy with other deliveries! No problem, we'll pick it up in a couple of days!

This will be our third Tesla, replacing the 2018 Mid-Range Model 3.
Update: The car was delivered on 02/07/2023 as promised! :D
From removing the hold and getting the VIN assigned to delivery: less than 2 weeks!

OD: 01/19 PM
MYLR Red/Black 5 Seat 19"
Long Island, NY
EDD: 03/6 - 03/31
No Vin and no updates since original update. I guess checking the app 15X a day doesn't make anything move faster.

Texted with Tesla and considered changing to Performance model last week to see if it would come faster, and they wouldn't make any promises just that "you will still be prioritized based off your original order date." I would think they would try to push me to spend the extra $$ on the upgrade, and at least hint that it may be sooner...

So my situation took different turn.

My neighbor ordered in nov/dec time. exactly the same vehicle as mine.
His plan changed and he decided not to pickup the vehicle. My SA was kind of very slow and refused to help in this case.
His SA was very helpful and switched his VIN to my account.

my neighbor lost his deposit, his freight and delivery fee was $1200, mine was $1395.
SA said he can't do anything about it.

I still felt lucky to get early delivery.

I picked up on 1/26.

you were following me, seems like we both ordered the same day?
My VIN assigned today and delivery scheduled for Feb 16th..

Reactions: shyboy
OD: 1/21
Vin: Assigned 1/27
EDD: 2/10-2/16

MYLR: White outside, B/W inside, 19”.
Ohio. Good luck to all
Picked up 2/9/23. It went very well. No USS as expected, came with parcel shelf, some asymmetrical gaps/parting lines from side-to-side but these really aren’t an issue, and some moonroof urethane on glass that SA cleaned off for me. Great work Tesla. Had to take it for 2.5hr/150mi maiden voyage home lol.

Reactions: vinmyl5bw