Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR gray/black 19"
order date 1/22
EDD 3/16-3/31
2/14 EDD 4/1-5/6
3/7 EDD 3/20-3/31
3/12 EDD 4/10-5/15
3/14 VIN recieved Austin build EDD 3/20-3/26

TN
Spoke to SA. Our Tesla is en route and delivery date was scheduled for 3/18. Per SA our Tesla is not a reject. I was concerned with the EDD change from April. Hoping to get some nice gaps.

I just received my VIN, finally! It's a Fremont build. It does not have ultrasonic sensors. I don't have FSD. Is this good or bad? The following description is on my account:

Order Update​

Tesla Vision​

We have taken the next step in Tesla vision. Your vehicle now fully relies on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. With this move, your Model Y is no longer equipped with ultrasonic sensors, which will temporarily impact the availability of some features like Park Assist, Autopark, Summon and Smart Summon. In the future, these features will be restored via over-the-air software updates. Learn more

Proceed With Delivery

I just received my VIN, finally! It's a Fremont build. It does not have ultrasonic sensors. I don't have FSD. Is this good or bad? The following description is on my account:

Order Update​

Tesla Vision​

We have taken the next step in Tesla vision. Your vehicle now fully relies on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. With this move, your Model Y is no longer equipped with ultrasonic sensors, which will temporarily impact the availability of some features like Park Assist, Autopark, Summon and Smart Summon. In the future, these features will be restored via over-the-air software updates. Learn more

Proceed With Delivery
Tesla took USS off the cars in early-mid November 2022. They promised a software update to allow the cameras to perform the same functions. 4.5 months later no update has materialized.
If your car doesn't have EAP or FSD then the only feature it will be missing is Park Assist which is the distance measurements and warning beeps when you are close to a solid object.

Some seem to feel they can't live without Park Assist, others view it as an inconvenience but not a deal breaker, others don't really care at all.
We just have no clue when Tesla will get the software update working.

My brother ordered on 1/22 gray MYLR in NJ.Haven’t received VIN. RN is RN118435713. Does anyone received VIN or delivery in NJ ordered on 1/22. We were hoping to get delivery in march to qualify for full $7500 federal incentive

MYLR Red/black and all other options standard.
OD: 1/19 PM
EDD: Jan-Mar
EDD1: 3/6-3/31
VIN Update: 2/26
Vin Received: 3/2
Picked up Smithtown, NY 3/17

Austin build

Surprised with Matrix headlights!

Good luck to everyone else waiting! Hoping the posting gets others a better idea of timing.

Reactions: Occhis
MYLR Red/black and all other options standard.
OD: 1/19 PM
EDD: Jan-Mar
EDD1: 3/6-3/31
VIN Update: 2/26
Vin Received: 3/2
Picked up Smithtown, NY 3/17

Austin build

Surprised with Matrix headlights!

Good luck to everyone else waiting! Hoping the posting gets others a better idea of timing.

That's the first time I've heard of matrix light from Austin Can you provide the first 11 digits of vin to confirm Austin build? I've been waiting for Austin to use matrix lights.