Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Front Suspension Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2023 lr y. 1900 miles on it. When it rains water drains from the windshield through a drain and onto the left front suspension causing a knock and loose suspension noise when you turn onto a road or even my driveway when there’s the slightest bit of increase of the road surface. When all is dry and no rain, there isn’t any noise. I took it in for service and Tesla said all was tight when on their raised lift. Does anyone know of a way to get the drain water to vent away from the front suspension? Tesla doesn’t show any fixes for this.
Thank you.

Can you elaborate more on the issue you are having, I believe I am having the same issue, and I really feel a more of a grinding vibration noise under the driver footwell. It happens when I do a slight wheel turn either left or right and just noticed this tonight and it happens to be raining out, I only have 575 miles on the 23 Model Y - standard range 4680 - Thank you

I'm having the same issue with 2023 Austin built Model Y with about 500 miles. Service center dropped the battery and installed "compression strips". Service tech said the thump might still be there but should progressively go away. Technician also felt that this was a case of Austin being new and getting used to building the Y still. He said he didn't see it on Freemont built cars. Hoping compression strips do the trick but seeing how much was involved with the repair it makes me nervous. Seems like a pretty major issue for a car just delivered from the factory.

There is a chance that the bushings are holding water after it rains that can cause weird thumping, "worn out" bushing sound. It's a bad design of the bushing. You either have to replace or I have heard you can use a needle to inject directly into the bushing and that should help.

I have the same condition on my MY LR 2023. No problem when it’s not raining but, even with the slightest amount of rain, the front left suspension noise is there sounding like something is rubbing or very loose. I set an appointment with the service center who said they couldn’t find any problem while on their rack. I explained the suspension has to be in the position of supporting the weight of the vehicle, not just hanging when on a rack. They said to bring it back when it is raining for them to test drive. Well it’s been over a month and we haven’t had any rain during the day , only at night. I’ll get it there while it’s raining and let you know what happens.