Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 model Y no ultrasonics. There is no blind spot warning chime setting under aupilot settings.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
teslablind.jpeg

I have the chime in my MYP with no USS.
I haven’t noticed a chime but I can say for certain that the blind spot awareness still functions for both manual and automatic lane changes, and that includes visual display on the screen and automatic intervention (I had a situation where a vehicle began moving in to my blind spot after I had approved an automatic lane change and the car aborted and recentered itself ).

I haven’t noticed a chime but I can say for certain that the blind spot awareness still functions for both manual and automatic lane changes, and that includes visual display on the screen and automatic intervention (I had a situation where a vehicle began moving in to my blind spot after I had approved an automatic lane change and the car aborted and recentered itself ).
Blind spot always used the cameras. It’s the parking proximity alerts we all lost when USS was removed. Tesla should definitely have waited until they had a vision-based proximity solution BEFORE removing the ultrasonics. But the decision was about $$ and not parking convenience and possibly safety.

I received my model y 2023 without ultrasonic, no blind spot warning chime setting under autpilot. why is that? Tesla website on here Tesla Vision Update: Replacing Ultrasonic Sensors with Tesla Vision | Tesla Support says that the blind spot warning chime is included even without ultrasonics. Anyone else have this problem?
I have a new MY no USS and when I try to change lane and there's an incoming vehicle, it does let me know (incoming car becomes red in the display, btw).

Hi I have purchased my 2023 Tesla recently in January. . I kinda find many things missing for this car. I have software 2022.44.30.1.
1) in a Audi or BMW there is a 360 view and it gives warning when I park in my garage if it am
Going to
Hit the side walls etc. what do I need to
Do to get the same feature in Tesla.
2) when I have re red teslas in the past I have see. A yellow indicator that shows up if I go close to another car or if I am next to the middle curb. Why do I not get that warning in my new Tesla.

L3) I have turned dash cam. Would that help
Me get a image of
What is in the front. Sorry for many questions. Thanks.

Hi I have purchased my 2023 Tesla recently in January. . I kinda find many things missing for this car. I have software 2022.44.30.1.
1) in a Audi or BMW there is a 360 view and it gives warning when I park in my garage if it am
Going to
2) when I have re red teslas in the past I have see. A yellow indicator that shows up if I go close to another car or if I am next to the middle curb. Why do I not get that warning in my new Tesla.

Me get a image of
No USS. You won’t get 1 or 2. L3 - That will help to a degree.

Will Tesla Vision (which I presume is a software upgrade) will it arrive in some time to solve the problem or is it always a live without 1) and 2) in my question above. I have already paid a premium (didn’t get the discount in December) and price drop like a rock in January. Don’t want to pay any more.

Will Tesla Vision (which I presume is a software upgrade) will it arrive in some time to solve the problem or is it always a live without 1) and 2) in my question above. I have already paid a premium (didn’t get the discount in December) and price drop like a rock in January. Don’t want to pay any more.
No one knows. Tesla has said that Vision is the future and will be the priority…but they also said they would ship a roadster, ship a cyber truck, FSD, take Tesla private, talks cheap… you can search 1000s of other threads on the forum that go in to greater detail.

Going to

Me get a image of
People have been asking for a 360 camera view for a very long time, but it does not appear there is enough camera coverage for that (also probably patents that Tesla does not want to licence). Tesla does claim that the parking sensor task will eventually be done with Tesla Vision, but that has not been demonstrated yet so we have no idea if/when the new cars will ever reach parity with the older cars with the ultrasonic sensors (or if Tesla will just make them reach parity by just deactivating the sensors in our older cars).

I received my model y 2023 without ultrasonic, no blind spot warning chime setting under autpilot. why is that? Tesla website on here Tesla Vision Update: Replacing Ultrasonic Sensors with Tesla Vision | Tesla Support says that the blind spot warning chime is included even without ultrasonics. Anyone else have this problem?
Alas, even the front camera is not showing up in my new model 3 taken delivery on Dec last week 2023. There is only X on the top let corner, no other buttons. How can they tell the user manual otherwise. This is big let down.

Alas, even the front camera is not showing up in my new model 3 taken delivery on Dec last week 2023. There is only X on the top let corner, no other buttons. How can they tell the user manual otherwise. This is big let down.
The front camera would be worthless, it's the same view you have outside your windshield. There's nothing that says you can view the front camera with the parking/camera button, only sentry/dashcam.

Any thoughts on when this might get enabled again? This seems like basic functionality for a car in this price range. Tesla is so quirky. Why remove a feature before having something waiting all ready to take its place?

Any thoughts on when this might get enabled again? This seems like basic functionality for a car in this price range. Tesla is so quirky. Why remove a feature before having something waiting all ready to take its place?
Anyone’s guess on when they might reenable USS. As for why - because Elon and his team have prioritized fart noises over actual useful functionality like rear cross traffic warnings, 360 birds-eye view, blind spot monitoring that doesn’t make you look at the center screen instead of towards the lane your changing onto, USS on Vision, etc.