Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y no USS discussion, incl. Discussion of Tesla Vision Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I just picked up my MY a few days ago, I probably won't get an update for a month. It came with 2023.2.200. I made sure to turn on "advanced" for software updates, but probably gonna have to wait until mid-April before getting an update. 😢
That sounds like you’re getting “standard” updates. If you switch to “advanced” updates, you’ll get this one… just “advanced” really means “not fully tested and stable.”

I got an update in way less than a month after getting my MYP when I switched to advanced… but now the software seems a little less stable.

On that note, I really hate the version numbers.

FSD has its own version numbers, which is fine.

Standard advanced updates have different numbers, which makes it a bit confusing.

I had 2022.44.200 when I got the MYP. Updated to 2023.2.12, so I assume the first number is year or something… But then saw people were still getting 2022.x.xxx even in 2023.

Then I got 2023.6.8 and today currently updating to 2023.6.9 and now another person has 2023.2.200. Is the 00 at the end more of a “standard” identifier than part of the version number? That might make some sense.

I wonder if the first number is the year, then the week (of the year) that update was initially created and then version of that update … with the 00 (or even 200 itself) at the end signifying it being a “stable”/Standard version for everyone. If that’s the case, I think just tacking on a ’s’ at the end would seem better.

Reactions: glovelace
From Tesla:
Screenshot_20230325_140418_Samsung Notes.jpg

That sounds like you’re getting “standard” updates. If you switch to “advanced” updates, you’ll get this one… just “advanced” really means “not fully tested and stable.”

I got an update in way less than a month after getting my MYP when I switched to advanced… but now the software seems a little less stable.

On that note, I really hate the version numbers.

FSD has its own version numbers, which is fine.

Standard advanced updates have different numbers, which makes it a bit confusing.

I had 2022.44.200 when I got the MYP. Updated to 2023.2.12, so I assume the first number is year or something… But then saw people were still getting 2022.x.xxx even in 2023.

Then I got 2023.6.8 and today currently updating to 2023.6.9 and now another person has 2023.2.200. Is the 00 at the end more of a “standard” identifier than part of the version number? That might make some sense.

I wonder if the first number is the year, then the week (of the year) that update was initially created and then version of that update … with the 00 (or even 200 itself) at the end signifying it being a “stable”/Standard version for everyone. If that’s the case, I think just tacking on a ’s’ at the end would seem better.
I have a 2021 Model 3 on the 2023.6.8 update, but my Model Y came with the 2023.2.200. Both have advanced checked. After buying my Model 3, it took a month to get my first update (and many people on this forum have said the same).
I'm sure every new Tesla comes with the standard point update and it's up to the new owner to click on the advanced button, however, I still believe it take a month before you get an update, regardless if advanced is checked or not.

After 2023.2.12, I never got 2023.2.200. So, unless I got unknowingly "enrolled" in the early access program, I'd say standard has one set of version numbers and advanced has another.
I have a 2021 Model 3 on the 2023.6.8 update, but my Model Y came with the 2023.2.200. Both have advanced checked. After buying my Model 3, it took a month to get my first update (and many people on this forum have said the same).
I'm sure every new Tesla comes with the standard point update and it's up to the new owner to click on the advanced button, however, I still believe it take a month before you get an update, regardless if advanced is checked or not.
I got my MYP on 2/20/2023 and it was before 3/20/23 when I got 2023.2.12. I didn't document it, but it should've been at the beginning of the month. It was before my March 12th post about someone else seeing "update" but not actually getting any.

I'm not saying hitting advanced will get you the newest update immediately, as it still takes time to roll out.

Last edited:
6.9 update came this morning.
So far did only one drive and at best I would give D+ or C- grade
While taking out of the garage it showed I am already on top of the ledge when I was about three feet away
While entering the garage it showed that I have already
Easy hit the front wall...I was 2 ft away

Few other cases cases it saw the fence but did not show the distance. The lines were white in color indicating I am far from it...in fact I was about 6 inches away.
Not sure I trust tesla vision. Hopefully will improve with time.

So far so good. I truly wished Tesla released this earlier so I would not have scratched up all my damn wheels.
Vision Park Assist isn’t a cure; even USS won’t save you there when it comes to curbing.

The only thing that will help you prevent curbing is having a good spatial awareness of how wide your car is in relation to its surroundings.

I had very high hopes/expectations from the update especially after so many months but very disappointed with it. It is not able to correctly detect distances to objects in the front and prompts to stop with almost 1 feet gap in the front when pulling into my garage. Also the animation of the lines on the front and sides are all wobbly and is not like how they advertise. Not sure if Vision can really replace USS/Radar.

Got 6.9. Bad detection in garage too. Showing over edge and stop while 1 feet away from boxes on the ground. The good part is it is pretty accurate when doing parallel parking.
Pretty much mirrors my experience with low-lying objects.
I had very high hopes/expectations from the update especially after so many months but very disappointed with it. It is not able to correctly detect distances to objects in the front and prompts to stop with almost 1 feet gap in the front when pulling into my garage. Also the animation of the lines on the front and sides are all wobbly and is not like how they advertise. Not sure if Vision can really replace USS/Radar.
I’m hopeful that it’ll get better with time. But right now, it’s pretty shoddy.

Reactions: Falcon73