Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y no USS discussion, incl. Discussion of Tesla Vision Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my new Model Y Long Range with Enhanced Autopilot and Summon is not a part of my app. What the heck? If you look at the car on the website (browse cars in inventory) under Enhanced Autopilot it says that it comes with Summon and Smart Summon. I just read that it’s “temporarily disabled”, but if that’s true they should temporarily take it off of the website. False advertising. Very bummed.
IMG_0827.png

Reactions: iswimslo
I just picked up my new Model Y Long Range with Enhanced Autopilot and Summon is not a part of my app. What the heck? If you look at the car on the website (browse cars in inventory) under Enhanced Autopilot it says that it comes with Summon and Smart Summon. I just read that it’s “temporarily disabled”, but if that’s true they should temporarily take it off of the website. False advertising. Very bummed. View attachment 996104
When you got your VIN, it would link to the follow page that says which features are currently not available yet due to the removal of USS:

But the cars with that option include that feature, just that it's temporarily unavailable. They could add a "coming soon" to it, but it wouldn't be accurate to remove it completely.
There are no new cars coming with it (to my understanding). It's not that big a deal, but to be accurate I think they should take off that feature until it's actually something being delivered.

The phantom "clear my windscreen" wiper swipe on my perfectly clear windshield has a new cousin I have noticed...at sunrise and sunset when the sun is at that angle which is hard to drive towards, a new error pops up and kicks me out of TACC.

So I can't use TACC on back roads with no ambient light in the dark because all cameras as "blind or blocked"

...when they aren't blind or blocked the dry wiper swipes across my dry and perfectly clean windshield either once or multiple times, and the only solution is turning off Cruise Control...

...and now TACC refuses to work or is "limited" (whatever that means) if the sun is TOO bright in the camera's sensor.

Basically, this car doesn't have Cruise Control. 😥

Got a 2023 a week ago and compared to my 2021 when backing into the garage, instead of blocked objects with squiggly lines and numerical distances near them, every object appears as a cloud-like figure. And there are no numerical distances as I get close to something. Is this correct for Tesla Vision vehicles because it kinda sucks?

Got a 2023 a week ago and compared to my 2021 when backing into the garage, instead of blocked objects with squiggly lines and numerical distances near them, every object appears as a cloud-like figure. And there are no numerical distances as I get close to something. Is this correct for Tesla Vision vehicles because it kinda sucks?
Yes, this is how the latest version works. If you turn on park assist chimes, those still work largely the same (the beeping based on distance) and it still shows the color of objects turning yellow then red then STOP as you get closer. You can also drag the 3D view to see the environment better.

I think they probably removed the distance measurement because it's not that accurate (especially the front where it's doing it based on memory/guessing given it can't actually see the area directly) and people were measuring it with rulers.

But the cars with that option include that feature, just that it's temporarily unavailable. They could add a "coming soon" to it, but it wouldn't be accurate to remove it completely.
I've been meaning to do this and since I'm down Tesla rabbit holes today, I decided to check to see whether I waived my right to this advertised feature by way of some agreement I signed. I did not. However, I didn't purchase it, I only have a free 3 month EAP/FSD trial.

I looked at my purchase agreement (which is the only relevant one) and read the whole thing and there isn't anything in there about advertised features not being included. There are no other terms incorporated by reference that are relevant (only Tesla’s Customer Privacy Policy; Payment Terms for Services and Supercharger Fair Use Policy). While the manual does clearly describe that summon/smart summon / auto park are limited for vehicles from May 2023 (auto washers, too), there's no mention of the manual in the agreement.

On the website, if you 'learn' about a vehicle (say Model Y | Tesla ) the manual is linked at the bottom and it does include the disclosure. If you go the 'order' route, it clearly says Summon and Smart Summon with no disclaimers, including on if you look at 'feature detail' but only if you purchase the Enhanced AutoPilot feature. I did not, so it's possible that I don't have paperwork that I would otherwise have. It's also possible it's buried in the terms when you turn on enhanced autopilot/FSD , especially since I have a 3 month trial.

They should put a disclaimer on the order page related to Summon/Smart Summon.

The phantom "clear my windscreen" wiper swipe on my perfectly clear windshield has a new cousin I have noticed...at sunrise and sunset when the sun is at that angle which is hard to drive towards, a new error pops up and kicks me out of TACC.

So I can't use TACC on back roads with no ambient light in the dark because all cameras as "blind or blocked"

...when they aren't blind or blocked the dry wiper swipes across my dry and perfectly clean windshield either once or multiple times, and the only solution is turning off Cruise Control...

...and now TACC refuses to work or is "limited" (whatever that means) if the sun is TOO bright in the camera's sensor.

Basically, this car doesn't have Cruise Control. 😥
You are totally correct. There is NO current Tesla vehicle which has anything like traditional "Cruise Control" nor to my knowledge have there ever been.