Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y no USS discussion, incl. Discussion of Tesla Vision Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For my 2 cents, I’d just like my car to be as advertised with features I have paid for. I believe it is called fraud when you don’t supply that. Why would anyone in their right mind give £70k to a fraudster…oh because we didn’t know we were being conned by Tesla until the last minute, when they then added the “coming soon” lie…
If you ordered back when they were included in cars being delivered i understand your frustration, i would also be mad, if i ordered a car, and when i was to take delivery, they removed some feature that was advertised at that time.

This is the same as now, where they, right now on Tesla Denmark's website advertise the NOA package as having

Navigate on Autopilot
Auto lane change
Summon
Smart Summon
Self parking

Even though 60% of those features, right now, are not available.

If someone got mad enough, they could report Tesla to the authorities for false advertisement and Tesla would be forced to remove those claims or move the 3 missing functions to the "Coming" section.

If you ordered back when they were included in cars being delivered i understand your frustration, i would also be mad, if i ordered a car, and when i was to take delivery, they removed some feature that was advertised at that time.

This is the same as now, where they, right now on Tesla Denmark's website advertise the NOA package as having

Navigate on Autopilot
Auto lane change
Summon
Smart Summon
Self parking

Even though 60% of those features, right now, are not available.

If someone got mad enough, they could report Tesla to the authorities for false advertisement and Tesla would be forced to remove those claims or move the 3 missing functions to the "Coming" section.
Amazing isn’t it…not a single regulator anywhere in the world seems to be calling them out for continuing misadvertising, and failure to deliver paid for functionality without offering a refund. I guess Tesla has realised that since they haven't delivered FSD anytime since the advertised 2019 launch, they can get away with anything they like. This has been a very expensive lesson to learn that Tesla is basically completely untrustworthy and that they really don’t care less about customers.

Reactions: hmadsen
Amazing isn’t it…not a single regulator anywhere in the world seems to be calling them out for continuing misadvertising, and failure to deliver paid for functionality without offering a refund. I guess Tesla has realised that since they haven't delivered FSD anytime since the advertised 2019 launch, they can get away with anything they like. This has been a very expensive lesson to learn that Tesla is basically completely untrustworthy and that they really don’t care less about customers.
I agree that they should also not be allowed to call the "most expensive package" FSD, as the car is far from Full Self Drive.

I would not think they sell even one single FSD package here, the cheaper NOA package is half the price and right now, the ONLY thing you get with the FSD package is "Automatic stop at traffic light and stop signs".

I would like the NOA and Automatic lanechange, but at the price i am probably not going to buy it, but there is NOT A CHANCE IN HELL, that i am going to pay double, just to get those 2 measly features.

Especially given the fact that i can not even transfer them over, so if i decide to buy a new tesla in 5 years, i have to pay for the same features again, and i can not expect to get someone to pay nearly the same for those features, that i paid if i bought them.

I am seeing some posts out there saying park-assist for non-USS cars is part of the latest FSD Beta rollout. Crossing my fingers it works well and comes to all of us non-FSD folks soon. I won't hold my breath, but I can still hope.

1679248950220.png

I am seeing some posts out there saying park-assist for non-USS cars is part of the latest FSD Beta rollout. Crossing my fingers it works well and comes to all of us non-FSD folks soon. I won't hold my breath, but I can still hope.

View attachment 919140
Imagine if they decide that the "vision based USS" just for parking "manually", is only going to be part of the NOA/FSD package as opposed to the "older" cars where USS were a standard feature, enabled on all cars.

I think that would be a bad move, only further enraging people towards tesla.

Reactions: glovelace
I really really really really doubt that the proximity parking assist features available with USS will be locked into an upgrade package for the Tesla Vision cars.
Just saying that if they have released a FSD Beta, where the function is active and not put it in the regular non NOA/FSD packages, then it might give a hint as to what they might do.

View attachment 919140
The person later corrected the statement by saying the feature was found in update 2022.45.11. I'm a bit confused, because I do not have USS and am already on 2023.2.12. Do FSD Beta vehicles run on a completely different software version?

I agree, but this being Tesla, who's to say.

Would be especially bad if they made it available, just to suddenly move it to the NOA package, disabling it for existing users.
I doubt it will require FSD. It might at first but then move to others. Just like green light notification. Started off with FSD only but then removed that requirement.

Reactions: jchasman
I doubt it will require FSD. It might at first but then move to others. Just like green light notification. Started off with FSD only but then removed that requirement.
I hope they move "stop on red light" to NOA package. (And lower the price somewhat, especially since you can not transfer it from one car to another, so if i buy a new Tesla in 4 years, i will have to pay again.).

Imagine if they decide that the "vision based USS" just for parking "manually", is only going to be part of the NOA/FSD package as opposed to the "older" cars where USS were a standard feature, enabled on all cars.

I think that would be a bad move, only further enraging people towards tesla.
Given parking assist was an explicitly promised feature as part of all non-USS cars as per their FAQ, the chances of that is almost zero.

The current roll out to only FSD Beta users is very likely simply because they are already beta testers so it makes sense to launch to them first while there are likely still bugs to be worked out.

Reactions: SO16 and hmadsen
I hope they move "stop on red light" to NOA package. (And lower the price somewhat, especially since you can not transfer it from one car to another, so if i buy a new Tesla in 4 years, i will have to pay again.).
Now that, I don’t see happening. Navigate on autopilot is for highway only. Stop on red light is street only as well as additional driving behavior. But green light notifications and USS replacement, is simply beeping/visual aid.

Reactions: Mr_Joe
Reactions: Mr_Joe