Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y no USS discussion, incl. Discussion of Tesla Vision Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another distance measurement approaching another vehicle. Wonder if auto park and summons will work if I order eap.
I'd like more information. Can you take a dashcam video of this behavior? Most of us without USS see absolutely nothing in front of the car as shown in the visualization when parking in a garage, or with a light post in front. Mine sometimes flickers an image of a truck when I'm in my garage, or a person when in front of a light post, but not the actual wall in front of the car. One of your images shows the wavy lines in front and in back. So I'm still confused about what's going on there. Appreciate it.

This is either a great post or a reason for a permanent ban.

Please be sincere. And when was this model Y delivered? If real this is factory softwar

This is either a great set of posts by @jenimolly or a reason for a permanent ban.

Please be sincere :oops:... And when was this model Y delivered? If real this is fact

This is either a great set of posts by @jenimolly or a reason for a permanent ban.

Please be sincere :oops:... And when was this model Y delivered? If real this is factory software
2023 model y picked up October 8 2022 in Toronto. Why is it so hard to believe that this functionality is working (though not well)? Purchase EAP and try it. Works for me.

Reactions: jeewee3000
2023 model y picked up October 8 2022 in Toronto. Why is it so hard to believe that this functionality is working (though not well)? Purchase EAP and try it. Works for me.
Didnt mean to sound hostile,apologies if you took it that way.

I have FSD bought and payed for but based in EU and not yet on 2023.xxx

I pray you are right. But would love video confirmation.

October 8 2022…weren’t cars still being shipped with USS then? I thought it was cars being built during October and later that lost USS? There were certainly lots of cars being delivered in November with USS according to posts. Can you a share a photo of your bumpers?

October 8 2022…weren’t cars still being shipped with USS then? I thought it was cars being built during October and later that lost USS? There were certainly lots of cars being delivered in November with USS according to posts. Can you a share a photo of your bumpers?
I'll send photos
This is either a great set of posts by @jenimolly or a reason for a per

Please be sincere :oops:... And when was this model Y delivered? If real this is factory software
Wont be long till you think "*sugar*, I was wrong, he was right, this functionality does work... shouldn't have asked to ban him"

You received your car on 8th October which is only about four days after Tesla announced they were moving away from USS. If I recall we didn't actually see cars without USS until at least a couple of weeks later. Is it possible you're mistaken about not having USS?

Such an extraordinary claim needs a high standard of proof. Good quality photos of bumper, display and VIN, each including a bottle of maple syrup would be more convincing. :) Even better, an uncut video of the display with lines and distances beeping away followed by you getting out and showing the bumpers up close.

Reactions: Falcon73
You received your car on 8th October which is only about four days after Tesla announced they were moving away from USS. If I recall we didn't actually see cars without USS until at least a couple of weeks later. Is it possible you're mistaken about not having USS?

Such an extraordinary claim needs a high standard of proof. Good quality photos of bumper, display and VIN, each including a bottle of maple syrup would be more convincing. :) Even better, an uncut video of the display with lines and distances beeping away followed by you getting out and showing the bumpers up close.
😂
Not going to happen.

I ask why would someone make this claim?

I did end up purchasing eap and can confirm that summon and smart summon do work. But not well. I'll take a video.
Must have USS…Summon etc deactivated on non-USS cars:
992A3536-A2BA-4020-998F-226FFBCC2B4B.png

Reactions: Falcon73
The Vision "USS-emulation" (that's my naming of that :p) is already live since many weeks.
It is being tested on USS vehicles to perform benchmarking (USS vs Vision) for distances and accuracy.
It is also being used as a backup system for USS Teslas: when USS doesn't work (dirty bumper, not working, etc.), Vision takes place and does the job.

Once they will reach a reasonable parity in benchmarks, they will release it for all vehicles and (my thought), disabling USS on all existing, to have a single software strategy (=reduce development and maintenance costs).
And for USS equipped Tesla owners, it will be perceived as a step back, in my opinion.

The Vision only system already works, it's a matter of tuning and it is being tested in real life with real owners on real streets and situations.

For the blind spot in front ... I'm not so worried that much ... it would be a problem only for (very) low obstacles that move in front of the vehicle that has been stopped unattended for awhile, except if the front camera will just keep watching and calculating moving targets that go into the "blind zone" and eventually moving away.
That's actually not so difficult ... Sentry already monitors 24h a day ... so what's the point in keeping just the front camera watching (if sentry is disabled)?

After having seen real video of Vision correctly measuring distances, I just can't wait for it....
This seems to be the answer. (Posted a couple of pages back.) How can we find more information on this?