Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y no USS discussion, incl. Discussion of Tesla Vision Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now they just need to turn the actual USS off on cars that have them, like they did with the radar. :cool:

I bet that would get these owners riled up even more.
Well, my USS don’t work in winter when covered with snow/ice and then it keeps beeping stating the USS is unavailable. So if it improves that, go for it.

My USS get covered up far sooner than the cameras. Also easier/quicker to clean the cameras.

Update release 3/19/2023. Did anyone received this update notification?

Did you try and experience the Tesla Vision without USS?
How is your parking experience with this?

Any trick to push this update?
I have MYLR+7 no FSD

TIA

Hopefully some FSD Beta user has a non-USS car and can post some videos to show how well this is working.
But all the established YouTube FSD Beta testers have cars with USS.

Maybe someone can do a month's subscription on their non-USS car and test this out?
Sadly we’ve seen these (possibly mocked up) graphics based stories before, but with no video proof.

Apparently it is available for non-USS cars…who in their right mind would have paid for FSD on a non-USS car with so many features disabled. Must be a VERY small test community!

And apparently in a 2022 software update…ok so that means it has been in the wild for 2+ months?? Still no videos??

I guess we are all desperate enough to believe (or at least hope) that there is some truth in these stories. For me, it doesn’t stack up.

Sadly we’ve seen these (possibly mocked up) graphics based stories before, but with no video proof.

Apparently it is available for non-USS cars…who in their right mind would have paid for FSD on a non-USS car with so many features disabled. Must be a VERY small test community!

And apparently in a 2022 software update…ok so that means it has been in the wild for 2+ months?? Still no videos??

I guess we are all desperate enough to believe (or at least hope) that there is some truth in these stories. For me, it doesn’t stack up.
FYI FSD Beta runs on a different branch, just because it says 2022.45.11 doesn't mean it's 2022 software, rather this is brand spanking new, with the general FSD Beta YouTubers having just got it.

Well USS has no function during FSD or AP. It is for parking. So if someone is willing to buy FSD it would likely be for the City Beta features (and now new hwy code). Therefore USS sensors wouldn't really affect the purchase decision. It would more likely affect the decision to buy EAP as that is mostly USS features other than auto lane change and nav on AP.
FSD runs on a different software branch and the 2022 branch which supposedly includes the Vision park distances (but no EAP parking features) only came out on Saturday evening. FSD hasn't had a 2023.X.X FW yet.

Well, my USS don’t work in winter when covered with snow/ice and then it keeps beeping stating the USS is unavailable. So if it improves that, go for it.

My USS get covered up far sooner than the cameras. Also easier/quicker to clean the cameras.
Your snow must be too wet I've not had that experience USS works right through

image.jpg

Tempted to upgrade to (or, better, trial) FSD, in order to see how it works ...
For those still not believing that, there's already a full video from a user with USS that detached them physically and discovered the car measuring distances anyway and with some good accuracy.
This to say that the non-USS park assist and distance measurements are live since months, in quite mode, on all USS equipped Teslas, working as backup of the USS-based measurements and for benchmarking (USS vs Vision) in background during normal use.

Reactions: gt2690b
Tempted to upgrade to (or, better, trial) FSD, in order to see how it works ...
For those still not believing that, there's already a full video from a user with USS that detached them physically and discovered the car measuring distances anyway and with some good accuracy.
This to say that the non-USS park assist and distance measurements are live since months, in quite mode, on all USS equipped Teslas, working as backup of the USS-based measurements and for benchmarking (USS vs Vision) in background during normal use.
So the legend goes, indeed.

I find it very disappointing that Tesla does not openly communicate about the steps they are making to get the software out there to us non-USS vehicle owners. We should be getting monthly newsletters in our e-mail inbox from Tesla AI team about this stuff.