Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Performance Suspension Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the 2023 MYP come with the "comfort suspension" or is it only for MYLR models?

Those that have the 2023 MYP, is the ride better than previous MYP model years?

Reactions: LM5SBP7
Does the 2023 MYP come with the "comfort suspension" or is it only for MYLR models?

Those that have the 2023 MYP, is the ride better than previous MYP model years?
It does. Just picked up my MYP yesterday. It is SO much better than my previous 2 MYP's.

First was a 16K vin 2020 MYP that rode terribly. Second was a July 2022 build MYP.

I can most certainly tell the difference between the build dates and ride quality.

I have a mid August 22 MyP and the ride is fantastic. All newer MYP get comfortable suspension and the upgraded door panels too.
I picked up my MYP in August of 22. How can I tell if I have the comfort suspension? It’s terrible for a “high end car” but barely good enough I’m not cursing while driving it lol. And slightly better with 18” snow tires. I would definitely be interested in upgrading suspensions if it’s less than 4k, I could justify it.

I have a 2021 MY and the suspension is firmer than I want - I'm past my zoom around days. I remember a software update a while back that said the suspension would soften when in Autosteer. I couldn't tell any difference. What do I need to do to get a softer ride?

I have a 2021 MY and the suspension is firmer than I want - I'm past my zoom around days. I remember a software update a while back that said the suspension would soften when in Autosteer. I couldn't tell any difference. What do I need to do to get a softer ride?
You probably read about model S or X. Model Y suspension is not adjustable.
You can look at aftermarket suspensions. There are comfort suspension choices out there available for MY.

You can get tires with a bigger sidewall. I have a '21 MYLR w/ 20" inductions and plan to get a beefier tire when I'm due.

Also, lowering your tire pressure to 40 helps.

'23 MYP rear springs are the same as '22. Fronts - not sure. All of the dampers are revision F on the '23, whereas the '22 are revision E.

So, definitely no ride height change in the rear, it's possible there was in the front though. But I haven't noticed it when comparing between the two.